Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Christmas movie

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Lost Christmas movie

@198kHZ

Well I suppose its a possibility, but not much actual information is given for programme content. And I'm not sure it was even on BBC.

@Mav

Beryl Reid played a slightly drunk overbearing middle aged spinster having Christmas dinner with an anything to please simpering friend. An argument of the "no you/no you" ensued who would pull the last Christmas cracker, in which Beryl Reid as only she could delivered in exasperation the line: "pull the bloody thing". It wasn't a long sketch, maybe 10 minutes at most and may have been shorter, in one of the variety type shows that prevailed at that time. It was quite possibly in black and white.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Loved Beryl Reid, especially in 'The Killing of Sister George' a film which was rather controversial at the time. She seemed to be around for ever, and then suddenly gone.  

Highlighted
Fixes: 459

As a youngster I used to love watching Freddie Frinton and have had the 'Dinner for One' bookmarked for ages Smiley

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)