Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost, Bought, Found.

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Lost, Bought, Found.

Do you ever "find" you cannot find something, go out and buy a new one(s), then on the way home, remember where the original item is ?
Today, my main mini Sellotape dispenser was running a bit low, starting to wrap Christmas Presents, I knew I had bulk bought a few rolls in the past, but could I find them.... No I couldn't        (There was a house move involved)..
So off I went, to the local shops, purchased a couple of mini rolls, then on the way back, it came to me where the ones I couldn't find earlier may be.
Despite an extensive search.
Got home, there they were, 7 left out of a batch of 10 I bought years ago, for Christmas pressy wrapping.
They had been put away "safely" in a bottom drawer.    (Not by myself I add)

Sometimes, a period of reflection allows recollection and remembering.
5 REPLIES
RichAllen
Grafter

Re: Lost, Bought, Found.

I do that all the time with old DVDs, I turn the Flat upside down looking for something, can't find it, so I go on Amazon and buy a new one.
Fixes: 125

I find that in these instances if I stop trying to remember it usually comes to me. Often at some early hour of the morning.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Have done that a number of times, usually DIY items I have in the Garage which I have not used for years and forgot I had. It would help if I kept the Garage tidy but I never seem to get around to it.
Also not uncommon for me to see something in a place like Aldi and buy it on the basis it could come in useful at a later date, as to whether or not that proves to be the case remains to be seen.
Fixes: 47

I find it fatal to buy more than my immediate need for something, often to save a few pence, as the extra gets stored away and subsequently lost.
I then buy more when the need arises thus wiping out the previous 'saving'.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Biros/roller pens/pencils/screw drivers all have the ability to hide in another dimension, particularly when you have school age kids in the house. However it is possible to saturate the home hiding places by the constant purchase of new supplies. Once you reach the point of saturation the hidden items will start to reappear.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.