Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing your mobile... and your marbles.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Losing your mobile... and your marbles.

I'm a bit behind on these things, but is it possible without a dedicated tracker to find out where a misplaced mobile phone is. My daughter tells me she has left her phone somewhere so...... but I'd have thought that if it had been left turned on (and other than phoning it) you could still 'track' it down.

But what does this old duffer know.  Mobile? I'm losing my marbles Crazy2 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
6 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Losing your mobile... and your marbles.

I believe if the phone has Location turned on it is possible to track it , Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Ring it, and if someone answers ask them where they are! Azn

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

If it is an Android one than google can show you where it is. Using find my phone.
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

If it's been installed, enabled and given permission to access location services... There's similar for iOS too.

Minivanman
Hero

Thanks for your help guys, phone now found and points noted and passed on for future reference. Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Along with the google suggestion, I use an app called tasker on my android phone.

Tasker (not quite as flexible as automate.. but does the job) is setup to listen for a text from any phone with one word: lost. When that happens it hits the GPS, sends me its location but also starts blaring out a loud alarm tone with an on screen message saying that the phone has been lost and please call the number on screen to claim a reward.

The problem with the google idea is that you need the phone to have your data turned on 24/7. I don't and tasker and automate cannot enable it unless the phone is rooted.. so sms text is the best alternative.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!