Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lords has passed the Brexit bill

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Lords has passed the Brexit bill

All together guys.... Ere' we go! Ere' we go! Ere' we go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyrmVBfe2Bg

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
10 REPLIES
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Lords has passed the Brexit bill

Good Lords!

Minivanman
Hero

Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
shylok
Rising Star

& that was only the first hurdle of many other bills to come, theres still plenty of scope yet to frustrate & block brexit including the SNP trying to force through another Scottish indy ref before we leave the EU  

'Seven new Brexit bills' must be passed after Article 50 is triggered, leaked Whitehall documents sa...

'Gina Miller will take Govt back to court if it doesn't keep Brexit promise'

Prominent Greens lend support to legal bid over option of reversing Brexit (Article 50)

Minivanman
Hero

Indeed, and I'm far from convinced we'll even finish the race, but it's all about taking part and what a glorious shake and wake-up for British and European politics. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@Minivanman

I think we will certainly finish the race.

Most people focus on the problems or potential problems of the UK leaving the EU but what they choose to forget is the problems facing the EU. Some live in a dream world where everything in and about the EU is marvellous, well it aint !

Add to that the inability of the EU to address these problems and it's clear something has to give, an increasing number of EU citizens would want their countries to leave the EU and forthcoming elections will give an indication of those numbers.

Glad we are leaving a sinking ship, it might be messy leaving the EU but far better to leave the mess the EU will become.

Minivanman
Hero

Thumbs Up

shylok
Rising Star

Nigel Farage appears to have concerns, remember that 73% of all MPs in parliament are for remain, including Theresa May

"Speaking on his LBC show from Strasbourg, Nigel argued the UK Government was playing a “very weak and a very bad hand” ahead of the forthcoming negotiations with the EU.

He warned against using Britain's fishing waters as a bargaining chip, against the UK remaining inside the European Arrest Warrant and against any proposed interim deal with Brussels.

“We're appearing to want to give concessions even before we fire the starting gun and are sat around the table,” Nigel said.

“I've been in these institutions now for over 18 years. Yes I'm even more unpopular now than I was then, but the point is that in these negotiations with these institutions - the one thing that never works is weakness, you've got to be strong and I fear we are going in playing a very weak and a very bad hand.” http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nigel-farage/whats-got-nigel-farage-worried-about-brexit/

Community Veteran

Mummee, are we nearly there yet?

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

@AlaricAdair - Won't be long now dear, even though we're stuck in first gear!

Minivanman
Hero

Give us a chance, we've only just left the House!