nadger
Rising Star

Lord Prescott of Hull

To add to the misery didn't they just get relegated  Roll eyes
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Lord Prescott of Hull

The Queen has also conferred a life peerage on former Metropolitan Police commissioner Sir Ian Blair.

That upsets me rather more!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

That one did surprise me - But how about Lord Paisley of shouting not too mention Floella Benjamin  Roll eyes
nadger
Rising Star

After the Gillian Duffy incident this one shows Brown in a good light as he nominated her.
Sue Nye found herself in the spotlight during the election campaign when Gordon Brown appeared to blame her for his encounter with Gillian Duffy - the Rochdale pensioner he was recorded privately calling "bigoted".
Mr Brown, who forgot to remove a microphone, was overheard saying: "I don't know why Sue brought her up towards me."
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Not sure it shows him in a good light. It would have been seen as sour grapes if he hadn't, it being traditional to nominate those in her position, whatever their record.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Is this the same Prescott who rubbished the establishment and said he would not accept a peerage Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The very same!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

If you add the Conservative and Lib Dem peers together they have a majority in the Lords.  If you don't add them together then DC will have to appoint a lot of new peers in order to have a majority.  Wonder which way he'll play it?
There are currently 704 members of the Lords.  Looks like some major pruning is in order Wink
Community Veteran

Quote from: jelv
The Queen has also conferred a life peerage on former Metropolitan Police commissioner Sir Ian Blair.

That upsets me rather more!

I don't know why, he was an outstanding police officer.
hadden
Grafter

Quote from: Oddball
I don't know why, he was an outstanding police officer.

Perhaps it was something to do with authorising a system that allowed several innocent people to be shot on the street.
Community Veteran

Collateral damage