cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like one of those days

nadger
Rising Star

Looks like one of those days

At 6.20 this morning someone put a clothing collection bag through letter box.
At 9.15 the post came really early and delivered new British Gas Nectar card - must register it.
At 9.30 Parcel Force knocked to ask if we'd take in parcel for people across the road.
At least the sun is shining  Cool
11 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Looks like one of those days

I have a clothing bag through my letterbox this morning but my postman usually doesn't visit until the afternoon.
We used to have an am delivery but I don't know what happened to that Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Yup -power supply blip at 08:30 this morning
Router stats now
Noise Margin:    4.8  dB
Connection Rate:  5056  Kbps
Line Attenuation: 50.0  dB
Chance of holding that overnight - somewhere between nil and no chance
So now I am going to need to monitor the noise margin and when it drops to about 3.5dB try a resync to get it back to just over 4,500kbps
Community Veteran

I never fill the bags that come through the door.  I read a report a while ago that few if any of the contents find their way to any charity.  it's a commercial operation now.

Sadly mine usually go straight from the letterbox to the bin along with the Yell.com book.
Community Veteran

I used to use mine for garden waste but now get a wheelie bin to use instead. Like you I generally throw them away.
nadger
Rising Star

I use the collection bags to collect rubbish and then bin them.
There's more security registering a Nectar card on line than with credit cards and bank accounts. For what they're worth I now get points for doing monthly gas meter read.

I do my own meter reading and get nothing for it Sad
The bags will no doubt end up lying on landfill for generations....unlike Tesco bags.
I used to save my Tesco bags and store things in them. Now they are bio-degradable I take one from the sink cupboard that's been in a few months and it falls apart in my hands.
They should have a use by date on. I suppose Tesco have to make sure they are used quickly or they will be degrading in the car park and dumping people's shopping.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Strat
Sadly mine usually go straight from the letterbox to the bin along with the Yell.com book.

Ours have frequently become the bin when running out of black sacks. As someone else above pointed out its a commercial thing now and years ago the genuine charities used to come back and collect the bags that weren't filled to be put through another letter box. These new charities don't even do that so they can clearly afford to waste money.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!

Yes I used to put the bags on the step for collection....and they weren't. Roll eyes
This was my main reason for moving them straight to the bin.
jmd
Grafter

I have had 10 "charity" plastic bags put through my door in last 7 days!  I too never fill them and use them for garden rubbish - saves buying black bags!
My post actually came this morning which makes a change as over the last few weeks it has been coming in the afternoon!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Strat
Yes I used to put the bags on the step for collection....and they weren't. Roll eyes

Exactly. We had about 6 of them that we left on the doorstep for weeks on end at one point. As soon as they came through the letterbox I'd stick them back out for collection.. and they'd never get collected. They can't be that hard up for cash then can they.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!