Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like Mook has left

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like Mook has left

Looks like Mook has left he's gone to Anonymous not many of the old ones left

Wonder why he left I am getting fed of all the "my speed is slow"   " where is my cash back "  etc etc

May well do the same

Brian A

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Looks like Mook has left

I'm restricting myself to Everything else, Tech Help, and General Chat.  Having left PN over 18 months ago I'm not up-to-date with PN's routers, rules etc., and therefore unable to be of much assistance to others.  Perhaps one day I'll PNexit (and I won't even bother holding a referendum on it).

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I noticed last week that he had left - literally the same day or day after the election result was teh day i noticed (okay, maybe two weeks ago then). I PM'd dvorak who said Mook asked to be removed from the forum with no reason given. I wasn't going to say anything about it though but seeing as this thread has now been started everyone else will start commenting too.

I liked Mook, didn't always agree with him and we had the odd heated exchange but he was certainly one of the better members this forum has seen over the years and would always try to help 

IF you're reading this Mook,. sorry to see you go fella. You'll be missed by many of us but all the best to you.

@Anonymous wrote:

not many of the old ones left

There's far more than you realise. Mook wasn't that old in forum membership terms, been here a few years yes but not as old as old-skoolers like Steve M, shutter, artmo, dvorak, Strat, gleneagles, billnotben,VileReynard (who's had numerous Vile* names in the past), 198KHz, MisterW, Townman, bobpullen, Champnet, Alex, Luzern, Mav, MauriceC, spraxyt, paulh... oh yeah and me lol. We've all been here a good decade.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree  

Mook was very knowable just hope he's OK

Brian A 

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Ditto, all the best Mook wherever you are mate. 

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 18

Likewise.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

I agree with the opinions of Mook mentioned above by others.

I realised it was Mook who'd left a short while after wondering who'd started the thread asking to anonymise and delete their account when I caught up with his 'U-Bend' thread and noticed the OP (Mook) was now 'Anonymous'.  That was very soon after I'd posted an image of a freshly caught rat in that thread, so I hope my distastefulness wasn't a catalyst in his decision.  Shocked

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

All the best to him, wherever he is! We can speculate why he has left and made his postings anonymous, but others too may have departed too yet not so obviously; left PN or left the Community for a myriad of reasons.

One obvious reason, but I hope not many have left through it, is the sometime personal vitriol used by some to others in the B related threads.

Unless we are polite and PN is efficient, who can say more won't want out?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 18

I don't think it's vitriolic postings to blame - not that the dead rat thread was particularly unpleasant.

In recent years, I've noticed a sad decline in basic knowledge of how the internet works, even to the level of "what is TCP".

Lots of people getting sucked in by "special offers", especially the ones where the small print makes it difficult to claim successfully...

I mostly don't bother with things like chat etc any more.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@7up wrote:

I noticed last week that he had left - literally the same day or day after the election result was teh day i noticed .

Forgot to say, it was Mooks leaving which caused some of my PMs to vanish.. hence me posting a topic about PMs vanishing and others being inserted - here: https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/PMs-vanished-others-inserted/td-p/1694677

Sorry if that caused any confusion at the time but perhaps now it makes sense to you all. Mook vanished and then so did his PMs that we had exchanged (while a couple of others turned up that i had no memory of).

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Shame he has left, helped a few of us out with techie issues.

Impossible to know why someone leaves like that unless they say why.....was his contract coming to a end and he had some dispute regarding renewal or issues with speed, connection etc....anyone’s guess but.....like others I wish him all the best whatever the reason for his wish for his account to be atomised.

Highlighted
Pro

Thank you all for the kind words, very much appreciated. But as you can see, like the proverbial bad penny I've returned!

To explain. I left the forum as it appeared to be stagnating and not well to be honest very interesting as it's not been as vibrant as it has in the past, so I thought I'd cut my losses and leave.

But here I am again, as I needed to post a question. Maybe I shouldn't have anonymised my account, but I did it to 'force' myself to stay away, but as you see that failed miserably.

Highlighted
All Star

@Mook Glad to see your backGrin

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

and front !  Grin

@TTman   your back....  ( belonging to.... )

you`re back....   ( abbreviation of   you are back   ! )  

Smiley

Highlighted
All Star

@shutter Sorry was not concentrating DOH! Shocked