Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Looks like I will be changing electricity suppliers

Probably to Scottish Power fixed rate - is there any good/bad feedback
I was considering OVO but the reports on customer support seem to be dire
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Looks like I will be changing electricity suppliers

Has your present supplier increased their prices?
Community Veteran

As from the middle of next month
nadger
Rising Star

I recently switched gas for first time ever - 47 years with BG.
Was already with E.on for electric - so now have dual fuel Age UK fixed price deal with them.
Just read meters for quarterly bill and new bill will show £159.87 credit ( £292.21cr before bill) so will keep warm this winter  Smiley
peter10
Grafter

I was with Scottish Power 3 years ago but left after a year when the deal finished as they wanted me to go on a poor tariff claiming their best ones for were for new customers only. I went to SSE who were OK but then they got expensive so I went back to Scottish Power 10 months ago on a fixed price on-line deal which was competitive. No problems with support but not had any major problem for them to deal with. Used Topcashback and was paid after 5-6 months. Not sure if they keep the good tariffs for new customers only now but will find out in April. I have both gas & electric from them.
Problem is with all suppliers there are so many different rates and the price varies from area to area.
This gives Energy Supplier ratings from Which      http://www.which.co.uk/switch/energy-suppliers/energy-companies-rated
Community Veteran

Like nadger I'm also with EON. Their Age UK tariff is better than their standard one.  In addition you get a credit on your gas every time the temperature drops to 0c.  From memory this gave me around 35 pounds last winter. - every little helps Smiley
jmd
Grafter

I have just changed from EON Energy Online to the Age Concern Fixed Price as it appears to work out a much better deal and although EON have guaranteed prices to end of this year, am sure like other companies will raise prices in New Year.
Their customer service is good too - well I have found it so!  With being hard of hearing I email queries and always get a email reply back or if it is a phone call they ensure I can hear them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Interesting this topic has just come up as an advert in yesterdays paper suggested that Scottish Power was offering the best online Fixed rate deal.
I Have been with Scottish Power for the last 3 years and my fixed energy (Dual  Fuel online deal) finishes in December 2012.
E-Mailed them and asked if I could transfer to the online Dual Fuel deal that is fixed until February 2014 which shows the cost to the average user as £1099, from the reply it seems they are willing to let me transfer but I will have to wait up to 3 Days for confirmation.
Never Had any problems whilst I Have been with them and it seems to me prices are changing every month so they all take a turn at offering the cheapest deal at some point. Even British Gas were the cheapest at one time !!
Fixes: 101

I changed from E.ON to Scottish Power earlier on this year to as my E.ON deal was coming to an end and there was a massive price hike.
Called them to state I could get it much cheaper with SP was there anything they could do as I had been a customer for 11 years and was happy, they said no go with SP. So I did.
They've been OK to deal with so far.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Looks to be a good idea - now to wait for their reply to my question about the meter.
I have a dual tariff at present - evenings and weekends - and I want to know how they would alter the meter - remotely or with a visit to go to their system
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I like to use Energylinx to check up on current prices. I find it much easier because you can put in all the details required to compare on one single page (none of this - fill in, click - fill in another bit, click - and so on).
nadger
Rising Star

E.on have just cut DD by £26 per month as so much in credit  Smiley
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
I have a dual tariff at present - evenings and weekends - and I want to know how they would alter the meter - remotely or with a visit to go to their system

evenings and weekends? I am only aware of Economy 7 and Economy 10
Community Veteran

It is an old tariff from Southern Electric - no longer available  - I have been on it for over 10 years and it matches my usage. However the unit prices from Southern Electric are no longer competitive
itsme
Grafter

Be interested in Scottish Power reply.
I know customers on Economy 10 have problems to move as it look like they have 2 meters, in some cases they do have two physical meters but the majority of them have a single meter with 3 rates but is read as 2 meters. For the last 4 months I been working as a meter reader.
I also looking at moving and I have a smart meter which when I approached Npow  and asked them whether there be a problem moving to them they said they would not adopt the meter and for me to ask my present provider to change it first. Which is the same advise that the Economy 10 users get.