cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks easy

kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Looks easy

I've done a few projects, where part way though was a wondering what I was thinking when I decided to start it.  But by that stage, the only course of action was to finish the job!
However, like my  Gardening project,  we got it finished in the end,  and it was worth the effort.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: David
You can get a RS232->USB cable for a couple of quid.  My Cisco has a serial port for configuration when it's "blank" but obviously no serial port on my PC, so the USB job works wonders although probably not a sound investment if you're only going to use it once or twice or don't have many serial port products to use with it.

Yeah I'm aware of them but Velleman (the company who make the maplin kits) clearly state that these do not work with these programmers and their forums have had quite a few complaints over the years due to this.
I do have computers with RS232 ports but none of them are working at the moment and they're all packed away in a difficult to access place.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Quote from: artmo
I think there are times when it is better to call in a man who knows Wink

Fine if you have the £££'s for it, otherwise you just have to get your hands dirty.  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: Hairy

Fine if you have the £££'s for it

Yeah but artmo lives the happy hunky dorey life where money is plentiful and he doesn't need to worry about anything other than whats for dinner  Roll eyes
He must be a politician.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 337

Of course, if that is a suggestion by SWMBO then no-way is it gonna happen  Wink Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still