cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking the other way !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

Looking the other way !

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/We-re-looking-for-Plusnet-customers-to-take-pa...

Seems like PlusNet is getting desperate for some "good news"... 

several quotes.. from the link....

1.  . Now we’re keen to hear about your positive experiences with our services.

2.  Are you a customer who has switched broadband provider a number of times over lockdown before finding great reliability and service with Plusnet?

3  If you’ve received a brilliant service from us, we’d love to hear your story. 

4. You would need to be happy to have a quick chat to our team and potentially have your name and picture in a newspaper, magazine or news website 

and a bit of "bribery"  on the last line  ! ! ! !!

5. We will provide an Amazon voucher to say thank you if your story is used.

Instead of taking action against all the "bad" reviews and comments on the forum,... PN are looking to ONLY read about "HOW GOOD WE ARE"  and ONLY asking for POSITIVE feedback....  no mention of all the horror stories..  Let`s hide them away, and hope nobody notices them... We can shout out loud in the press and advertising campaigns, showing what customers have said about us in a POSITIVE way... 

Brilliant... you just could not make it up... ( ah .well... someone actually did.. hence the linky asking for the comments/feedback)

25 REPLIES 25
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Looking the other way !

Would the provision of an Amazon voucher involve negotiating the same obstacle course as the much publicised reward cards?

Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@shutter 

"Brilliant... you just could not make it up.."

🤣

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Titanic and deck chairs come to mind.

Aspiring Legend

To much of one and not enough of the other? 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 169

@shutter wrote:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/We-re-looking-for-Plusnet-customers-to-take-pa...

Seems like PlusNet is getting desperate for some "good news"... 

several quotes.. from the link....

1.  . Now we’re keen to hear about your positive experiences with our services.

2.  Are you a customer who has switched broadband provider a number of times over lockdown before finding great reliability and service with Plusnet?

3  If you’ve received a brilliant service from us, we’d love to hear your story. 

4. You would need to be happy to have a quick chat to our team and potentially have your name and picture in a newspaper, magazine or news website )

Any good news story will be promoted heavily by professional lobbying of the press whilst all the horror stories reported in this forum, Trustpilot and elsewhere on social media will be skillfully swept under the carpet. That, I suspect, is how Plusnet get all the plaudits that they keep bragging about on the telly.

Maybe it's a case of waiting for the glowing newspaper report to come out and then for the other side of the story to be offered to the same newspaper by unhappy customers.

It's possible of course that the Plusnet suits believe their own publicity and don't know what a shambles Plusnet is these days.

Seasoned Pro

One of the problems with ISPs is that internet is now a utility that is essential for modern life. People tend to look for quantity at their price level not quality.

To me PN is about as "vanilla" as you can get. A connection that works all the time and spam free email and no frills. I like that. With all companies you can't easily chop and change other than every 12 or 18 months and if you make a mistake it is a long wait, or expensive to correct it.  I can change my energy supplier tomorrow with minimal cost if I feel like it.

I would quite like to move up to a faster speed but cannot do that within my contract term without paying the "full" price. Customers would be attracted and stay if there was more flexibility and maybe a loyalty bonus. What they also don't seem to realise with add-ons is that you can get multiple logins from different IP addresses for both Netflix and BT Sport so these can be spread around families remarkably cheaply.

I do not know where we go from here as BT is in some financial difficulty and needs more income from somewhere. Advertising and marketing seems a bit stale as I doubt that the portrayal of a tech business by a "daft fat Yorkshireman" even appeals much to those in God's Own County never mind within the M25.

Perhaps everyone needs to be aware that the real cost to the product is the infrastructure and that should be part of the sales pitch too.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 964

@TeeGee wrote:

I would quite like to move up to a faster speed but cannot do that within my contract term without paying the "full" price.

I’ve not posted in general chat in a while but this caught my eye so I thought I’d drop by. We can upgrade a package without penalty, offering a new contract and discount. 

If there’s no option to do this online via your account I’d recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

I hope this helps. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 169

@Gandalf 

As a very highly respected (by we mere mortals who lurk on this forum) Plusnet staffer, you might think it appropriate to pass back up the line that soliciting for good news stories at a time when there is a distinct lack of an acceptable level of customer services reported by many posters is not appreciated. It gives the impression that the Plusnet suits are totally happy with the current situation and wish to brag about how well that the company is performing.

It is very tempting to suggest that posters with ongoing problems address their frustration through the link in this post.  https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/We-re-looking-for-Plusnet-customers-to-take-pa...

No doubt they would be filtered out but at least the message might get through that maybe all is not a bed of roses.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

@Gandalf 

As already mentioned by @Baldrick1   Agree with his words....

Unfortunately @Baldrick1  there is no option for anyone to make comment on that "Community Announcement" linky , as it is a "locked" thread .

however, I `ll add a few more... @Gandalf  suggested that the person with the speed problem phone customer services... AHEM !... really?  Getting an answer on the phone will take a long time, and only bring on more frustration.. it will not be a story told in the request for only "good stories".... Perhaps a P.M. to him would bring quicker results... and maybe.. a story for the announcement  ? ? ? ?

Customer service used to be very good.. over the past years it has deteriorated with access points for contacting CS being removed/replaced by twitface, which not everyone (wants to) subscribes to.  Removing Live Chat in the sneaky way it was done, shows how much "care" for the customer service part of the business has deteriorated. Especially towards those disabled customers who have hearing or speech difficulties.

Over 10 years ago, I advocated improving the telephone system, to improve the customer service level... as the customer  base was increasing year on year, and the present system was being overloaded.  

Plusnet failed to take advantage of that suggestion, and finds itself in the situation it is today. 

Seasoned Pro

And why do you think the thread in question is locked? It can only be because they know what sort of replies they would get in the main.

I am the first to say I have no problem with PN, my connection is 76Mb it is rock steady and only once have I had a problem in the 11 years I have been with PN and my renewal price is always acceptable.

However saying all that above, it is plain as the nose on ones face that PN as a whole, has in recent years, gone down hill. CS especially is a shadow of it's former self.

Rising Star

hi   gandalf    its   me   boo1  could   you   please   help  me   this   i  paid   with  my  aqua  card   but   never  through   there  where  funds   on  the  card  to   pay   my  broadband  and   phone   but  it  came  back   as  failed  payment   then   i   try  to  change  my  payment  back  to  my   normal   debit  card   put   it   just  said   error    come   back   later   then  i  fond  out  i   had  full  restrictions   on   my  account   as  you  know  i  get   my   bill   18th   of  month   i  have  ad  2  failed   e-mails  from  plusnet  i  am   only   on  24th   this  is   7th  day  out  the  14 days   they  have  never  been  restricted on  everything   before   it   will  now  be   late   payment  when  i  get  paid   on  the  friday  the  27th  november   so   i  am  sorry   to   ask   this   could  please   lift   my   restrictions  i  can't  even   get   my  yahoo  emails  thanks  gandalf   i  hope  this  will be  alright   from  boo1

Hero
Fixes: 5

@Gandalf wrote:

If there’s no option to do this online via your account I’d recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

I hope this helps. Smiley

@shutter wrote:

however, I `ll add a few more... @Gandalf  suggested that the person with the speed problem phone customer services... AHEM !... really?  Getting an answer on the phone will take a long time, and only bring on more frustration..  

Let's be accurate and not shoot the messenger @shutter   Wink

Firstly, no speed problem was mentioned, just a desire to move on to a higher speed package.

Secondly, @Gandalf  mentioned calling the customer options not customer services which in the past has always had a quicker response on the phone (although whether that is still the case remains to be seen).

.... Perhaps a P.M. to him would bring quicker results... and maybe.. a story for the announcement  ? ? ? ?

I agree with that, although I believe in the past that re-contracting etc. has been out of @Gandalfs remit, BICBW

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'm sure everyone else has noticed that many many big businesses started their internet presence with all the bells and whistles to help their customers. Easy email contact and able to open support tickets.

Now virtually none of them have any email contact and those still with a support ticket system are only openable by the business not the customer.

You end up just going around and around coming up against the same phone number where you know if you use it, it will involve a very long wait.

All these businesses must realise that the steam coming out of their customers ears as they wait and wait on their "helpline" isn't a good sign for their future well being  But I really think they don't care. Their attitude, plusnet included, is there'll be a new customer along in a minute.

Champion
Fixes: 6

It would be interesting to see the stats :

How many customers ?

How many customers raise a fault ?

How many customers raise a complaint ?

The results might be surprising.....