cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some beta testers

LiamM
Grafter

Looking for some beta testers

We're developing a completely new ecommerce / CRM / order / customer management system from scratch and for the last 6 months it has been entirely powering our offline (telephone orders) excellently.  Eventually it will make our business a lot more efficient and will power all of our ecommerce sites (we have a few!).
My 2 web developers have recently been ploughing away at the ecommerce / web integration and it's getting to the point where we want to let some people loose on a testbed so we can pick out bugs and generally see what people think of the usability of the process etc...  Obviously this is a lot more critical for frontend websites than it is for our backend as it's going to be joe bloggs users interacting with the platform and not our own staff.
For that reason, I am looking for a load of 'beta testers' who would be up for having a play around, placing orders, trying to break the system etc... and tell me what they think.
Anyone up for it, shout up or send me a PM and I'll get in touch to join us up :-).  I'm sure I can arrange some kind of reward for people.
Cheers,
Liam
11 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Looking for some beta testers

I'll give it a poke Liam Cheesy
scootie
Grafter

Its all in the username. Am sure i could find away through the ordering process that you havent thought of  Smiley
unfortunately i wouldnt be able to help out till after the weekend now
LiamM
Grafter

No worries, ASBO.  Anytime you can help is good and we may not be ready until early next week anyway :-).
I'll PM you both a link to the beta testing forum I've setup.
Cheers,
Liam
Community Veteran

sounds like it might be fun.  do we get prizes for breaking the system?
i haven't a clue, but i'll give it a go.
LiamM
Grafter

Thanks kindly.  Sent you a PM.  I'd really like some people who have shopped online before (and can use a forum) but who do not necessarily consider themselves IT confident or 'technical' as such to have a try through the process once we've ironed out most of the bugs.  Just to make sure it's as simple to shop using our system as it can be!
Community Veteran

Happy to help out if you need me.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

I'd be happy to play with it.
I've just un-subscribed from a long-standing ebay/paypal set-up due to security fears.

Community Veteran

Willing to give it a go. The last major beta test I was involved with I managed to crash the system.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have a wormary (from Aus), can give it a try
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'd be happy to give it a go!
sweet00
Dabbler