cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look what happens in sleepy Poole

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Look what happens in sleepy Poole

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14315988.Ten_arrested_after_man_stabbed_in_late_night_attack_i...
A local man in his twenties was stabbed in the neck and stomach during a late night attack at Parkstone Heights, which happened just before midnight on Sunday, February 28.
He managed to stagger more than 150 feet to a house, where he banged on the door and pleaded for help before collapsing on the driveway.
He was taken to hospital, but his condition was not life-threatening.
Nothing too special there then - but look what happened next
A 26-year-old man from no fixed abode has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, possessing a firearm without certificate, grievous bodily harm, false imprisonment and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
A 23-year-old man from Poole, 26-year-old man from Poole, 28-year-old man from Liverpool and 31-year-old man from Colchester have all been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and possession of a firearm without certificate.
A 33-year-old man from Poole has been arrested on suspicion of driving while disqualified, possession of cannabis and possession of firearm without certificate.
A 33-year-old man from Poole has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to destroy or damage property and conspiracy to commit burglary.
A 33-year-old man from Poole has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, conspiracy to commit burglary and affray.
A 37-year-old man from Poole has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and conspiracy to commit burglary.
A 27-year-old woman from Poole has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
7 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Look what happens in sleepy Poole

Big Family Jim ?Huh
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Hmm, they learned to count then... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

We had a holiday home just outside of Poole some years ago, right next door to the SBS base (Special Boat Squadron) many of the wives of servicemen worked in the bars and clubhouses of the holiday park.
It happened occasionally the club would be the victim of some local disturbances, the police were hardly ever called, but the SBS wives mentioned it to their husbands and boyfriends...there was no further trouble.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Funny thing is I was planning a day trip to Poole yesterday. Called it off when I looked at the weather forecast.  Shocked
It was forecast to be 50mph or so winds yesterday and heavy rain, did that all happen?
I spoke to a local (who I planned to visit) the day before (Tuesday) and it was pretty similar then, so we scrubbed our plans for Wednesday.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

As I was out walking yesterday - a bit north or there (near Stonehenge) - and we didn't have any rain just strong winds, thunder and lightning and hail so it was a good decision
From the local rag http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14314616.UPDATE__Lightning_strikes_community_centre__plane_and...
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Now I know why I live just over the border in Hampshire! Tongue
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13