Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look at the remainers who got awards

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Look at the remainers who got awards

https://www.psa.ac.uk/psa/news/psa-awards-results-2019-press-release

Seems that losers get awards now and winners don't - this is the establishment patting themselves on the back for blocking the will of the people for 3-1/2 years ? 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Look at the remainers who got awards

It's all mutual back scratching.

Whatever the public arguments they all eat and drink in the same subsidised canteens.

They are all the best of frenemies.

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

All these awards are unjustified, with the exception of the amazing David Attenborough.

He has for many years tried to convince us that change is needed and has the experience and ability to show us what could be needed to get us out of the mire of marine pollution and global warming.

Linking his award to Extinction Rebellion is a travesty. Their acts of trespass, criminal damage and obstruction , in my opinion, did more harm to their cause and created huge amounts of pollution due to traffic hold-ups and imposing unfair restrictions on people's travel to work and the human right to freely go about their lawful business, should be hit with huge penalties. 

I agree that we have the right to protest, but their forcing others to accept their will and demands is grossly unfair.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

We do indeed need to change to help the environment, I'll start plopping in a bucket to compost it if you will... 🤣

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

PSA award, or 'taking the pizza' award.

How pointless.

Highlighted
Hero

I agree that awards are often back scratching, and that often we don't think the recipients deserve them, but what the dickens a person's stance was on Brexit has to do with their worthiness has to do with it completely escapes me.

All has the a 'four legs good, two legs bad' smell around it. Sad

It's very much up to my expectations of the OP.🤣

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Luzern 

The thinking was (I think) was that it was 'the establishment' that tried to block Brexit and it was 'the establishment' that handed out those awards?

Those at the top were gobmacked when a majority of mere mortals had the audacity to vote us out of the EU and tried their damnedest to derail it. 

"Never mind we  tried our best so here, have an award old chap"

No? 

OK  then 

PS. Starting the year as I mean to go on... by disagreeing with you. 😉

Highlighted
Hero

@Minivanman Business as usual then; two disagreeable old codgers disagreeing, hopefully politely.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman @Luzern 

Now come on it’s the new year....as Boris says we must all unite and put the past re the B word behind us...I know you agree with that.

😊

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

@Luzern 

The thinking was (I think) was that it was 'the establishment' that tried to block Brexit and it was 'the establishment' that handed out those awards?

Spot on, much more perceptive than Luzern ( is that with a silent 'n' ? ) 

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

Happy New Year!

I've just been watching some TV programmes I recorded in early October, and it's quite odd when the commercial breaks come on urging me to "Get ready for Brexit on 31st October".

A colleague has just got a new passport, and the only change is that it doesn't say European Union on the front.

Back on topic (well, sort of) :  I heard nothing on the news today about the New Year's honours, is this because the list was leaked last week?

Highlighted
Hero

@wotsup wrote:

@Minivanman wrote:

@Luzern 

Spot on, much more perceptive than Luzern ( is that with a silent 'n' ? ) 

The  'n' is sounded and the 'z' pronounced as 'ts'! Perceptive or not I am far less biased than you appear @wotsup 

Boris says, "Let's be friends", but truly from some of the posts I see ( not necessarily here only) that belittle losers, I wonder how that will come. As to Boris' genuineness with that statement I hold my breath.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Luzern 

But surely the reverse is true, by giving all those awards to remainers it shows the rest of us bear no ill will to those who disagreed with us despite the upsetting things they (and we) said.

😇

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Rewards that were given to disruptive anti-democratic remainers by their establishment cronies are no sort of award at all, just another opportunity to thumb their noses at the voters of this country once again. These awards need to be seen for what they are - establishment crony back-slapping. Just like the Bafta and Academy awards are the luvvies back slapping each other.

Highlighted
Hero

@gleneagles wrote:

@Luzern 

But surely the reverse is true, by giving all those awards to remainers it shows the rest of us bear no ill will to those who disagreed with us despite the upsetting things they (and we) said.

😇

@gleneagles  That may or may not be. It should make not matter a scrap, if an award recipient voted remain, leave, danced nude on the green; you name it. However, and hoping I am not judging unjustly, the author has caused me to  doubt any such balance. The purpose was snide against those he dislikes.