cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longest Day!

jmd
Grafter

Longest Day!

Well, today is the longest day, first day of summer and what is the weather like?
Here it has been teeming down with rain since this morning, with grey skies and it is cold! Cry
Not very summery. Cry
So I thought there would be more on the Forum - but no. Sad
So are you all out enjoying the "lovely" summer weather?  If so, what activities are you taking part in - for example, at Clumber Park down the road there is recreation of the 1940s, a local Farm Shop is holding a tasting day especially of barbecued food, etc.
37 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Longest Day!

We've had one of our nieces for the day and have been to her school fair.
Weather is poor here too, lots of rain and not a lot of sun.
Then went to get a suit fitted for a wedding where I am best man.
And hopefully going out for some food shortly.
Also had to endure 'Alvin and the chipmunks' and 'the bee movie'
But it certainly has been a little quiet round here..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

No heavy rain here in Essex but drizzle on and off all day. Sad  Played tennis this afternoon and now looking forward to a relaxing evening with a good bottle of wine Cheesy  Wimbledon starts on Monday so don't expect much of an improvement in the weather Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Looking at the Funny forecast its battle down the hatches for those up north, 60+ Mph winds on the 2nd day of Summer  Embarrassed Undecided Cry
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7467236.stm
jmd
Grafter

Well looking at Times on Line it seems it is La Nina that is to blame -
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/weather/article4184163.ece

and so we can expect to have this unpleasant weather continue!  Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ho Ho HO !.... have been in a tropical Rain Forest most of the afternoon, saw a few butterflies, bananas growing on the trees, a freshwater stingray and some Turtles swimming with some great big black fish. Saw a Toucan (yes the same as the advert!) but this one was real, also saw a small crocodile basking by the side of a small river. even saw some monkeys doing what they always do in the trees, managed to catch a glimpse of a chameleon being very still before it`s tongue flashed out and caught a cricket for his snack!.
It was very hot and humid, temperature about in the 80 f to 90 f mark...not very sunny, but fortunately no rain either.
Don`t worry Josie..... the weather looks fine for most of next week down this way.... ! !  Smiley Smiley Smiley
jmd
Grafter

Would have appreciated been in a tropical forest today - thanks for weather forecast.  Smiley
Fixes: 47

Been doing shopping and Granddad duties.
Would have cut the front and back lawns but the rain put paid to that Undecided Smiley
I did put Grandad but Firefox doesn't like it.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Fixes: 47

I like the one with Fire Exit pointing into the jungle and the Anaconda infested lake. Grin
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
firefly2
Grafter

it poured nearly all day here sat. got soaked as the pup kept moaning. think that he thought it wasn't raining at the front.
today... gales,,,,,, and the dog has had his only walk for today >>> and my plants and baskets have taken a beating.  am really fed up now.  Cry
Community Veteran

Had a small shower this morning.... ( weather type... not bathing type) (  Roll eyes  Cheesy  Roll eyes 0
Then has been wall to wall sunshine..... absolutely gorgeous.... has turned a bit windy this evening,but still cloudless sky and brilliant sunshine.!
(have a nice day, y`all !  Grin  Grin )
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Had a nice shower myself, the water was heated by the Solar Panel Cool Cool, then from about 11:00 on virtually no clouds, not bad for the second day of Summer - no sign of rain here, misty drizzle stuff yesterday  Grin Grin Grin
firefly2
Grafter

okay, okay,,,, don't rub it in. think that you are all taking the mick.... especiously shutter. like your pics tho'. don't forget the sunday show Huh that fish was on the move.
cleaned some cupboards and made two freezer meals  ,  so it wasn't all bad.
any-one for tennis??  Smiley
pcoventry
Grafter

It certainly seems to have stretched my night shifts out a fair bit. I've never felt so tired and it's literally been the past 2 nights
Angry