cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long way down.

Community Veteran

Long way down.

Just watched the end of  "The Long Way Down" on Nat Geo. I also watched "The Long Way Round" a few years ago.
It makes me really jealous of the experience. I am really scared of getting married, having children, growing old and dieing. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I don't see the point in life if I am not going to live. I did spend time in New Zealand a couple of years ago "living" and have plans for storm chasing in Tornado Alley hopefully next June depending on finances.
Why do 99% of the people I know not crave "life"? The most exciting thing they want to do is spend a week in a Spanish resort drinking or lying on a beach every year. I cannot understand this but of course this is just my opinion.
3 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Long way down.

By thankful that they do. When I drive pass Birmingham on the M6  to North Wales I very thankful the average joe is lazy otherwise the hills in Wales would be so crowded and walking would not be enjoyable.
N/A

Sean - with your wonderful positive approach to life I think that you have no need to fear growing old.
As the saying goes, old age is not for the faint-hearted and you are certainly not that.
Personally, I have never been one for travelling and am a bit of a home bird but I don't feel that this is wasted time or opportunity - there is pleasure in many small things that life throws up. It is just a different approach and each of us being so different makes living all the more joyous and interesting.
It is heartening to read of your adventures and I wish you well with them.
Community Veteran

Sean, you ask some interesting questions.  Maybe people have come to expect everything given to them on a plate and just sit back and do nothing.  This is particularly the case with the present younger generation.