cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London Underground to get Mobile Network

Community Veteran

Re: London Underground to get Mobile Network

But since it will only work in station, whereas the driver radio works far more extensively, I can't see the reason it would be used for staff comms.
Community Veteran

The transmitters are being placed on the ceilings of tunnels so I assume they will work for passengers travelling on the tube as well.
According to the Sunday Times mobile transmitters would be installed along the ceilings of tunnels so that commuters can make and receive calls for the first time on the Underground.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358780/London-Olympics-2012-China-UK-50m-mobile-phone-netwo...
bluewhale
Rising Star

Quote from: Petlew
One reason Boris is so keen is that there has been severe criticism about the poor communication for staff (drivers and guards in particular) underground on the system, What's the betting LU get a secure system on the same set up.

and the last thing you would want in your system design is that your critical systems using the same system/hardware as your non critical
so no doubt it'll collapse when real issues arise
and i for one hate the idea of even more junk conversations on the tube and even less direct human interaction