cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Threads

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 19,483
Thanks: 478
Registered: ‎12-08-2007

Locked Threads

Why is it that the only action we seem to see from our mods is to lock threads once they have got out of hand?

On 2nd November a thread was locked until the mods decided what to do with it. So far we have not heard anything from them as to the outcome of their deliberations.

Today another thread has been locked.

Both threads were locked because of 2 individuals who failed to post in a responsible manner. Surely the way to have dealt with the problem would have been to ban the individuals concerned and allowed others to continue to post in the thread if they so wished. Why was this not done?

I feel our mods owe us an explanation as to their actions.

.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Champion
Posts: 1,946
Thanks: 465
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎15-11-2012

Re: Locked Threads

Maybe they should ban you for keep starting threads that have no place on an ISP support forum (even in general chat) and then spitting your dummy out when the inevitable happens....

Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 4,887
Thanks: 2,108
Fixes: 140
Registered: ‎30-06-2016

Re: Locked Threads

I think that the mods do a grand job. I'm sure it's very difficult to satisfy everyone. Maybe the answer is to shut down the chat board altogeter!

Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 3,251
Thanks: 1,286
Fixes: 5
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: Locked Threads


@artmo wrote:

 

Both threads were locked because of 2 individuals who failed to post in a responsible manner.


@artmo 

Do you mean one individual, or do you mean two?  You're now saying two, ...

 

but only yesterday you said one here  ...


@artmo wrote:

 

No the individual should be banned. Why should the rest of us be penalised because of one fool?

Since we have started discussing the GE again it has been civilized, let's keep it that way!


 

So which is it (i.e. one or two), and who are they?

 

It's obvious to me at least that you seem to have taken a personal dislike to @Minivanman (so that probably covers one of the two, BICBW of course) and you try and berate him from time to time which of course is your prerogative, but things were jogging along just fine (as you stated yourself in the quote above) until @RobC made a reappearance after not posting for just over a week since the previous thread was locked, which made me wonder if he'd had a one week ban from the forum.  He seemed to make a point of mentioning the fact that he hadn't been seen on here for some time in this post, as if to be making some sort of covering excuse for his absence, partially quoted below;


@RobC wrote:

 

Have you ever thought of actually going outside your door for a couple of hours?

Think about it next time you notice I'm not here for some time - its called having a life.

 


Which is unusual as he's normally hovering like a bee around a honeypot when his favourite subject of Brexit or anything remotely political is being discussed.  Roll_eyes

 

Anyway @artmo 

Don't worry about getting record high numbers of posts to your threads, you must be heading towards starting the highest number of threads which have been locked!  Wink

 

 

Edit:  added words in italics (those in parenthesis)

 

 

 

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 19,483
Thanks: 478
Registered: ‎12-08-2007

Re: Locked Threads

@RobPN  RobC is the person starting all of the problems on the threads. If he had been on a week's ban, and I think you are right, he came straight back and carried on from where he left off. This should have been a red card IMO. @Minivanman stirred the pot unnecessarily with his posts. 

Not all threads are ones which some members feel appropriate, and I can understand that. The simply solution to this is not to post in such threads. It would seem that the GE is something a number of members found of interest and it's wrong that others should try and disrupt this.

.

Highlighted
Pro
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 158
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: Locked Threads

Well my response was to minvanmunchkins:

"

Yet another half answered repetitive post from @RobC 

Nothing original, ever?

*yet another sigh*

"

 

which was of course his garbage response in response to an my expanding on what I meant - in response to his request.

 

He just didn't like it So he just tries to derail  ... very poorly ... as he does.

So if he, or anyone, wants to play silly beggers,  I'll laugh at him and present a few of his own faults and deceits that he has demonstrated,   in response to false claims about me which are clearly intended to derail the discussion.

 

If anyone wants to debate sensibly - thats fine and will get honest opinion at the very least and evidenced reasoning in the vast majority of cases.

 

 

 

Mind you I did also correct one of wotsups repeated false propaganda posts with examples,

so thats damning to isn't it. LOL

.. despite me even resisting correcting and condemning  his oft repeated racist accusations about postal votes despite:

* the police

* the electoral commission

* AND Farage himself

disputing wotsups repeated false claims...

 

... so damned again LOL

 

 

 

I'll meet reasoned debate with reasoned debate,

but don't suffer liars and deceivers well, and it seems to me no one should.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 3,251
Thanks: 1,286
Fixes: 5
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: Locked Threads


@RobC wrote:

 

Mind you I did also correct one of wotsups repeated false propaganda posts with examples,

so thats damning to isn't it.


So that's two people you claim to have corrected, you're too clever by half!

Too bad that's one of your own oft-repeated mistakes.  Funny

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 1,804
Thanks: 1,340
Registered: ‎21-11-2018

Re: Locked Threads

@artmo 

RobC at it again with his inane rants, this thread ought to be locked as well.....

Why not just ban the use of troll food on the forum..

Highlighted
Pro
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 158
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: Locked Threads


@RobPN wrote:


So that's two people you claim to have corrected, you're too clever by half!

Too bad that's one of your own oft-repeated mistakes.  Funny


 

Actually say something and I'd probably have to correct you toooo

Correct with the correction and i sometimes miss full stops tooooooo and am too often lazy with i's

 

 

- but a shame you don't (rarely? - a vague memory) present any real facts into the debate though.

I'd easily forgive lazy grammar in a forum for a few supported facts.

 

Still, grab the points where you can when you're desperate though eh? 👍

If you got no facts - distract. I see it all the time here.

 

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 3,251
Thanks: 1,286
Fixes: 5
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: Locked Threads


@RobC wrote:

@RobPN wrote:


So that's two people you claim to have corrected, you're too clever by half!

Too bad that's one of your own oft-repeated mistakes.  Funny


 

Actually say something and I'd probably have to correct you toooo


Do you mean both of us?

 


Correct with the correction ...


Well at least you admit I was write right then.

 


I'd easily forgive lazy grammar in a forum for a few supported facts.

 

Perhaps this will help you. 

 

If you got no facts -

Spot the deliberate mistake (if you can).

Highlighted
Champion
Posts: 855
Thanks: 523
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎26-01-2019

Re: Locked Threads

Could this be a first....... A locked thread being locked????? 🤣

Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 4,507
Thanks: 1,490
Fixes: 43
Registered: ‎24-02-2012

Re: Locked Threads

I wasn't going to comment on some posters stupidity - but can you all grow up, please?

John
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 1,804
Thanks: 1,340
Registered: ‎21-11-2018

Re: Locked Threads


@TTman wrote:

Could this be a first....... A locked thread being locked????? 🤣


Its more like a thread about locking threads getting locked 🤔

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 19,483
Thanks: 478
Registered: ‎12-08-2007

Re: Locked Threads

I was hoping that we would have had some comment from the mods as to the way they are moderating the threads on the GE but this hasn't happened. The threads have produced some interesting discussion until ruined by a certain individual. The solution seems easy or am I looking at it too simply?

 

Last night I was thinking back to our late mod OldJim. There is no doubt this situation would not have been allowed to have happened in his day. He would have jumped on the offender(s) at an early stage to allow the thread to have continued without the problems we now have. RIP OldJim.

It's very simple to lock this thread but that doesn't solve the problem.

.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Locked Threads

Have you considered that it may be that the mods have got nothing to say or indeed better things to do with their time than to justify their actions.

No one is being forced to use these fora, if the reader doesn't like what they read then flag it if appropriate and move on.

It could be argued that this post is itself antagonistic by implying the mods aren't doing what you want / expect. It also has a hint of indignation because you started the threads in question. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.