Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockdown

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Lockdown

@billnotben wrote:

Will we end up with another national lock down or the appearance of Tier 4?

"A fourth tier of coronavirus restrictions is expected to be introduced in London and south-east England, sources have told the BBC"

BBC 

Who could've seen that coming?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Quite clear it was coming.....whilst up here in the North we had the tightest tiers parts of the south were in lower tiers, it was only necessary to see the crowds of shoppers in London and elsewhere to know what was coming next, what no one predicted was the mutation of the virus which allows it to spread faster....so you have the perfect storm, if people think it’s bad now wait until you see the figures in January & February, Having a good time at Christmas including Christmas shopping for non essentials seems more important than life itself.

We also have these balmpots who claim the virus is a hoax, vaccines are unsafe and the first person to get a vaccine was a actress or she was only injected with water....

The whole world might not have gone mad but it’s getting there...

Hero
Fixes: 9

When I went for a haircut the day after the last lockdown ended and moaned about the fact that it was the second time it had grown far too long because of a lockdown, the hairdresser jokingly suggested I should have it cut again soon because we might well be going into another lockdown.  How right she was, but that was just over a fortnight ago so my hair is short enough for now.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'm guessing that someone in the government has seen the bleeding obvious of what's coming next.

As well as the current balmpots we are going to get a new crop who will think what the hell a vaccine is coming soon.

Maybe soon but not soon enough for many if things continue to go pear shaped.

Seasoned Pro

It is all very well demanding stricter lockdowns if you have a public sector job and a taxpayer funded pension to look forward too as do the politicians and other quangocrats that make up these rules.  The big problem with lockdowns is that when they end there is excessive general contact cranking up the virus again.

Social discipline would help as much as distancing but it needs to be precise and enforced. Not wearing facemasks on public transport should be a fineble offence and/or chucked off at the next stop. Similarly restriction on travel between tiers should be enforced too.  I live in Tier 2 where people regularly travel to London and people from Tier 3 come here to go to restaurants and shops. No wonder the virus spreads!

We are also not doing this to save your granny (aka my wife!) but to "save" the NHS who receive billions of pounds to deal with health issues. One in four get the virus in a hospital! I do not know anyone who has died from CV19 but several who have died solely from cancer, stroke and heart attacks. Don't mention the money wasted on Nightingale hospitals..

I am more concerned about lack of education for children and poverty which is generally considered to be relative but shortly will become absolute affecting more families than the actual infection did.

I will be enjoying a Xmas lunch in the anticipation that a Happy New Year is a long long way off

Those Xmas decorations must be bumping up carbon emissions with all that electricity being used too.   Hey ho......... 😕

Fixes: 489

Go ahead and have your New Years Eve party with lots of guests.

But don't forget the obligatory apology if you get caught.

It seems to work well, more so if you happen to be 'famous'.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit)

Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 56

Not gonna happen here @Strat - this coming Friday and the one a week later are just another day in this house.

John
Fixes: 489

Me neither @jab1 

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit)

Hero
Fixes: 30

Only 370 days to Christmas.  😉

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL
Seasoned Hero

You mean my next trip to the South Coast, @198kHz  ?🤣

John
Hero
Fixes: 30

A trip to anywhere would be nice.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL
Seasoned Hero

Very true - and I'll be making a few as soon as possible.

John
Seasoned Pro

A full list of the publicly funded people who are contributing to (causing?) the current chaos can be found HERE.

Enjoy! 😮

Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

@TeeGee   The only one ive heard of iare the ones who appear with Boris and Dido Harding who was in charge of talktalk when it was hacked and move to another job she screwed up then went to the NHS!!

I wonder how much they are all Paid????Roll_eyes

Seasoned Hero

@TTman  In answer to your very pertinent last question - too much!

John