Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: Lockdown

My commiserations to all those of you in Tier 2 and 3 areas.  Smiley  Tongue

Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@RobPN 

Posters you don’t live with cannot come into any topic you might have started including General Chat, unless you've formed a bubble with them,

Posters can only chat with up to four people from different topics on theses forums (children aged under 11 and those 70 over are not counted in this number)

All leisure and non-essential subjects can be discussed except politics and religion. A mask emoji must be shown other than when seated to eat or drink. No alcohol may be consumed after 10pm, but you can make yourself a cup of cocoa.

There are no travel restrictions in place online so posters can go on holiday anywhere in the world except Sheffield. Travel out of Sheffield even if online is only allowed under limited circumstances.

Nb: If a poster uses a naughty word with multiple meanings such as *** or **** they will be taken out fed into a mincer. 

You should limit the times you spend on the forums, the number of different people you chat with and the distance you travel from kitchen to keyboard. 

For all other information, click *here to find out what the restrictions are on your computer or mobile phone.  

If that fails to work, bang your head against any virtual reality wall. 🤕

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Champion
Fixes: 6

No comment.... 😷

Hero
Fixes: 30

deal.jpg

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

@Minivanman 

If you posted in Welsh would that be a infringement of the rules ?

🤔

Aspiring Legend

Technically yes, politically no, but we can't discuss politics... so make that a yes as well. 😆

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

So after the Christmas knees up and the Hogmanay get together..............

Will we end up with another national lock down or the appearance of Tier 4?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

@Minivanman wrote:

Technically yes, politically no, but we can't discuss politics... so make that a yes as well. 😆

To be fair i'm not entirely sure what we can discuss these days? We have such a narrow selection of areas we can talk about - that keeps narrowing - that i've pretty much given up on this forum now.

Even having two threads about boeing aircraft (different issues) has been merged into one thread to keep the politically correct happy.

It's getting really silly around here.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@Mayfly wrote:Yep the whole of Lincs is,

Yeah, bring it on. But as nigh on the whole of the North, East and West Midlands are all in Tier 3 does that mean we can freely mix among ourselves, being as were all equals! 😃 Or don't it work like that........

Edit and just noticed if you want to Escape lockdown Warrington is the place..........

Lock Down Escape Exit Games

Lock Down Escape Exit Games - Escape room centre
second floor,

Where you end up from the 2nd floor is anyone's guess
Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Community Veteran

I guess many have already given up using this section of the forum and quite likely other sections as well.

We still have a few left who are willing to give good technical advice to customers with problems but this number appears to be reducing as well.

Personally I would have thought it was in PN best interests to keep customers on the forum by allowing reasonable discussion on current topics.

Or perhaps I am being unreasonable?

Aspiring Legend

@gleneagles 

@7up 

Ditto to all that, and try as we might to post even sans politics and religion we are as you say restricted, so you do wonder why bother. It's sometimes feels like pushing a bus uphill and one that has it's handbrake firmly on. 

As mentioned the main antagonist 'have left the building' leaving their remaining collaborators with nothing to endorse

If Plusnet and certain rather over enthusiastic mods don't take that brake off well it'll be goodbye General Chat or to quote Truman Burbank, for many of us it'll be "And if I don't see you, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night".

For all intents and purposes to use that well worn eggcorn phrase, is now operates it's own version of lockdown.  

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The "Matter" problem exists all around us. People in charge (and mods) are often afraid to confront trouble makers who continually and loudly shout racist at the drop of a hat.

Aspiring Legend

From a book being read at the moment where the writer (a well known television personality) who uses the bus in London rather than the corporate car when on the top deck of a bus asked the only other passenger (who happened to be black) quite politely to turn the music being listened down a bit only to be screamed at for being racist. 

They were not being racist and would have asked anybody of any colour to turn it down. They were so upset over the incident they got off the bus and walked the rest of the way to the studio and could only reflect that at some or several times previously the other passenger must have suffered racial abuse.

Well maybe or maybe not, but my guess is that at the drop of that hat that's what people get accused of being regardless.

Highly recommended  read by the way.

PS. from the above link they seem to have got the price of the paperback and hardback mixed up.

Community Veteran

@Minivanman 

Perhaps the person doing the shouting was being racist ?

Aspiring Legend

Back to lockdown in the real world and here in Wales we seem to be heading for a full nationwide one from Friday onwards with pubs, restaurants and cafes banned from selling booze. By 'cafes' I presume they mean café, those posh frothy coffee Bistro one's that now plague our pavements and not the 'egg beans and chips' type.

No skin off my nose as I don't go to such places these days but it's going put more than a few out of joint as their businesses go down the pan which is a more than crying shame for those that have spent years building them up.

Post Covid and the future and has now replaced post Brexit and the future. 

Recovery time? 

Ten years would be my guess, ten years at least.