Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockdown

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Lockdown

I didn't mention deaths from heart attacks etc. since they could conceivably be a result of 'long COVID' and it might be difficult to prove that one way or another.

Once all the figures are in (and that will take a lot longer than even the US election results) we'll be able to establish the number of excess deaths compared to the equivalent month/quarter/year in the past decade or whatever time period the statisticians consider appropriate.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Jonpe wrote:

So if you tests positive and get run over by a bus, get stabbed, fall off a cliff

Who knows, man standing near a cliff edge or a kerb - Don't feel well feeling a bit wobbly.

Or, keep away from me you've got it. Don't come any closer I have a knife.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Jonpe 

I think that has already been established across the board.

As far as I can gather nobody anywhere is saying deaths are at the usual levels since this first kicked off. Don't know because I have not checked what the figures are elsewhere and pehaps ours here in the UK are worse, but from the beginning of March 2020 up until 24 July, there were almost 58,000 excess deaths in England and Wales. These refer according to the Health Foundation (health.org.uk) to deaths in 2020 compared to the average deaths over the past 5 years during the same period.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
Jonpe
Hero

Yes, there have been quite a few figures bandied about since the spring.  When it's all over, if it ever is, we'll be able to tell how closely excess deaths match the number of people dying with the virus.  Excess deaths might more accurately reflect how many have actually been killed by the virus.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Jonpe 

Add to that will be those because of rather than by the virus as for many with chronic conditions, it's the final nail in the coffin... in more ways than one.

Thomas A. Edison
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

I won't arise and go now, and go to Innisfree                                                                                                                                I'll sanitise the doorknob and make a cup of tea                                                                                                                            I won't go down to the sea again; I won't go out at all,                                                                                                                I'll wander lonely as a cloud from kitchen to the hall.                                                                                                                    There's a green eyed yellow monster to the north of Khatmandu                                                                                                But I shan't be seeing him just yet and nor, I think will you.                                                                                                    While the dawn comes up like thunder on the road to Mandalay                                                                                                  I'll make my bit of supper and eat it off the tray.                                                                                                                           I I shall not speed my bonnie boat across the sea to Skye                                                                                                          Or take the rolling English road from Birmingham to Rye.                                                                                                            About the woodland, just right now, I am not free to go                                                                                                              To see the Keep Out posters or the cherry hung with snow.                                                                                                          And no, I'll not be travelling much, within the realms of gold,                                                                                                        Or get me to Milford Haven. All that's been put on hold.                                                                                                              Give me your hands, I shan't request, albeit we are friend                                                                                                            Nor will I come within a mile of you until this virus ends.

Anon

Thomas A. Edison
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

BREAKING: As Dominic Cummings leaves No 10 with immediate effect, the government is advised to wait 14 days to make sure he’s completely gone.

Dom.jpg

Thomas A. Edison
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 51

About time too... the man is an utter disgrace....

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

Up to three households can meet up during a five-day Christmas period of 23-27 December, leaders of the four UK nations have agreed.

The leaders said 2020 "cannot be a normal Christmas" but family and friends will be able to see each other in a "limited and cautious" way.

People can mix indoors in homes, places of worship and in outdoor spaces.

But existing rules on hospitality and venues will remain and the bubbles people form must be "exclusive".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55064962

So in Tier 3 a Covid-secure pub taking all precautions can't open, but three households can whoop it up for five days in a confined space.

Following the science - yeah right...

The Internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.
James Veitch

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Well science like Father Christmas will be making it's way up the chimney and I can see why as any continuation of any lockdown over the festive period will be a just to much to bear for some people and just to much not to ignore for others. Should that happen without any 'permission' being given by governments then it would be almost impossible I imagine to re-introduce it.

Can we hope folks will be sensible and not silly with the three household rule?

Ditto yeah right.

Thomas A. Edison
Jonpe
Hero

Many, perhaps most, people would want to visit their own and their partner's parents over the Christmas period.  This could lead to a huge number of 'contacts' i.e. opportunities for spreading infection.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Any lockdown jokes just to lighten the mood?

My wife purchased a world map and then me gave a dart saying “Throw this and wherever it lands that’s where you are taking me when this pandemic ends".

Turns she's not at all happy about spending two weeks behind the fridge.

Thomas A. Edison
TTman
Seasoned Champion

Some idiots only write the word lockdown, because they can’t spell kwarinteen  Funny

TTman
Seasoned Champion

Well we are in tearCry 3

Mayfly
Seasoned Pro

Yep the whole of Lincs is, not surprising as East Lyndsey is still 4th highest in the country for infections p0er 100,000