Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockdown

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Lockdown

My local newsagent told me his shop will be staying open this time.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I see a mutated corona virus is doing the rounds in Denmark's mink farms BBC  .

The bad news is people have already started to catch this. The even worse news is that this version makes the current vaccines under development useless.

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 6

Wasn't Denmark on the recent UK list of 'safe' countries to visit which didn't need any self-isolating upon return to the UK?

Here we go again ...  Roll_eyes

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Yep @billnotben 

That must have been on the news last night then, as I had a few friends around moaning about it.

Mind you, I'd had a few 'light ales' by then so I wasn't really paying attention (story of my life). 😛

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

This virus is just going to be added to the long list of things that already make people ill and are already the cause of death.

Sure the numbers are rising if what we are being told is correct, but is Covid the biggest cause of those illnesses and deaths - I'm not so sure m'self. I am sure though that this is just another virus for better or worse and another in long line of others yet to come.

For m'self I'm staying at home as much as I can with the occasional daily walk, and as determined as I can be to stay out of hospital where as sure as eggs the infection rate from all sorts is a lot higher. 

Did I hear right earlier that only 20% of people actually obey all the rules, or did I just imagine it? 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 79

@Minivanman wrote:

Did I hear right earlier that only 20% of people actually obey all the rules, or did I just imagine it? 

Does everyone know all the 'rules'? I certainly don't, but I just carry on as normal as I can in these abnormal times, just really observing sensible precautions.

Where do they get these percentages from, anyway  - ask the first 10 random people they meet in the street?

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@jab1 

Asking the first ten people coming out a pub what they think about the rise of beer prices. 

Never so random. 😋

Thomas A. Edison
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Capture.JPG

Thomas A. Edison
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Yep and what planet do those people come from.

You have to wear a face mask to get served. Someone on my facebook, made a good comment. She said "Yes I have a real one, not a fake one I bought off eBay".

Friend has got a real one, and my local pub got funny with him. We made a mutal decision to not go there for the foreseeable future. He has a mask exempt pass.

I wonder what (if any) planet the PC Brigade live on. So the virus is not going to spread if I have a pass or I am sitting down for a meal?

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If scientists are sure that masks are effective, even in a small way, then it may seem harsh but no one should be exempt from wearing them in shops.

Those unable to wear them should get someone to shop for them. Kids too young to wear them should stay at home.

There's so many half measures at the moment no wonder so many are confused.

TTman
Seasoned Champion

@billnotben If someone has a problem with a face mask why not get one of the PVC full face masks. Should be easier to breath in one of those and would be better than nothing?

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

I want one with 'does my nose look big in this' written on it. 🤣

Thomas A. Edison
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Slightly off topic, but reading that our government is to increase financial support with a five-month extension of the furlough scheme into Spring 2021 - and nothing wrong with that of course as workers need some sort of support, but where is the money coming from.

Cannot figure it out m'self, but then we ran up quite tab (£20b) with world war two and one which was not paid off until about fifteen years ago. Does that mean we are going to leave our grandchildren still paying it off fifty years from now? 

Thomas A. Edison
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

@Minivanman  Yes......

I think you posed what is known as a rhetorical question.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@TeeGee 

On reflection I suppose it was (our) generation that finished up paying for that war. 

Thomas A. Edison