Re: Lockdown

@198kHz 

You can, but they have to be taken indoors. 😊

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Hero
Fixes: 30

And only with someone in your bubble?

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@198kHz 

🤣

Aspiring Legend

Scan_20210106 (4).png

Aspiring Legend

Just rumors at the moment but hearing that further and far more serious restrictions soon to be announced.

My guess with these rolling restrictions... face masks to made compulsory followed by curfews like they have in France. That will be the limit after which all will be ignored and all will become infected regardless of any vaccine.

There you go, that's cheered us up.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I thought that has already happened where I live (South East London) as, well I say 'new' but it isn't 'new' anymore this 'new' variant is bad around here and we are on the highest level. I am only popping out for shopping now really.

Hero
Fixes: 9

People still don't seem to understand social distancing; I regularly find people behind standing too close to me in queues.  Woman in the middle of quite a large Tesco supermarket pulled a mask out of her pocket and put it on with one hand without even trying to make sure it covered her nose and mouth and fit fairly tightly.  Perhaps she thought she only needed a mask if she was actually buying something.  I understand supermarkets are going to be stricter now.

Hero

Image3.jpg

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL
Aspiring Legend

Email form Teco's earlier telling me amongst many other things that wearing a mask is "a legal requirement"

It’s a legal requirement to wear a face covering in our stores

To protect our colleagues and customers, we won’t let anyone into our stores who isn’t wearing a face covering, unless they’re exempt in line with government guidance. Please also make sure that you wear your face covering correctly – covering your mouth and your nose.

I don't visit any shops these days because of a chronic chest complaint I have but if I did, then I would have most certainly be wearing a mask - but legal requirement?

Surely not.

PS. I have no issue with Tesco's enforcing this as 'them's the rules' and it's their stores but it will irritate me no end if they are telling me something akin to their porkies pies. As for those exemption certificates they are not worth the paper they are printed out on.

Pro
Fixes: 2

Minivanman   wrote 

" As for those exemption certificates they are not worth the paper they are printed on."

Totally agree  

The Face covering mask exemption card, exempt from wearing a face covering card, store & travel exemption card with holder  are on sale on Ebay for 0.99 

A total joke 

HD

Champion
Fixes: 6

@Minivanman   From a BBC news item today :

Face coverings are now compulsory across the UK when:

• Travelling on public transport
  • In shops, supermarkets and shopping centres

People can be refused travel for not following the rules or fined as a last resort. In England and Northern Ireland the police can issue a £200 fine to someone breaking the face covering rules. In Scotland and Wales, a £60 fine can be imposed. Repeat offenders face bigger fines.

Aspiring Legend

@Champnet 

New news then and good to hear. 👍

Hero

@Minivanman wrote:

I don't visit any shops these days because of a chronic chest complaint I have but if I did, then I would have most certainly be wearing a mask - but legal requirement?

Surely not.

Part of the problem in the UK with compliance is that there has been an increasing blurring of the lines between what is the law and what is guidance.

Looking at the official gov.uk site the other day to try and clarify, I just gave up in the end.

One thing is clear though - face coverings in shops became mandatory from 24 July.

https://www.bma.org.uk/news-and-opinion/government-makes-wearing-face-masks-mandatory

EDIT: It was 15 June for public transport.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/face-coverings-to-become-mandatory-on-public-transport

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL
Aspiring Legend

@gleneagles 

But it was never enforced as you were never obliged to wear one if you cited medical reason for not doing so neither did you have to 'prove' it by showing one of those at present totally pointless exemption certificates. 

Maybe the goalposts have been moved since but that was the government advice.

As said if I was going into a shop or supermarket I would wear one, but what would happen I wonder if I said I was exempt for 'medical reasons' - is the guy with the high viz coat at the entrance to Tesco going to turn me away?

Only one way to find out.... 😋

Oh, and valid exemption certificate or not, I'd hate to be the none mask wearer walking around a supermarket. Can you imagine the kerfuffle.

A Government link about those exemptions.

I counted nearly twenty.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

@Minivanman 

This lockdown is seriously affecting my memory, you are replying to one of my posts but I cannot figure out which one ?

😙