Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockdown

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Re: Lockdown

Could things get worse.....

Well they already have for thousands of lorry drivers waiting to cross over the channel to France as there is a ban on them coming into France for the next few weeks...

I wonder how many will be stuck in their cabs on Christmas Day ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

France and other countries are now doing to the UK what we as an island should have done to them right at the start.

It all seems a bit backwards.

Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

@billnotben  Ah but are they doing it to push us into signing the trade deal with the terms that are favourable to them ?HuhHuh

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

You mean the timing is a bit coincidental.

Completely off topic but I assume many here has watched Tenet with it's big movie effects. Was I the only one when watching some of the reverse effects to snigger a bit as I remembered Red Dwarf's Cat on reverse world. I kept expecting the protagonist to nip into a builders outhouse then reappear with a stunned look on his face.

Pro

Trafford.JPG

Trafford Centre Manchester 26 December - TIER 4

Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 50

The Trafford Centre is in tier 3, doesn't excuse that idiocy though.
Ex-Plusnetter now living life in the G,fast lane!
Aspiring Legend

@gleneagles 

"Could things get worse.....

Well they already have for thousands of lorry drivers waiting to cross over the channel to France as there is a ban on them coming into France for the next few weeks...

I wonder how many will be stuck in their cabs on Christmas Day ?"

Seems like that's what did happen, but it also seems to have all cleared now so at least those drivers (many if not most were not British) will at the very least be home with their families for the new year. The hijacking of Covid as ammunition for those last lap Brexit negotiations was to my mind utterly disgraceful. The Brussels bunch should be utterly ashamed of themselves.  

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 54

Agreed, @Minivanman , but I expected it.

John
Aspiring Legend

Did you notice the Boris fish tie when he announced the Brexit deal?

Had to chuckle when I saw it. 😆

PRC_177176903.jpg

Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 54

I didn't @Minivanman  - but there again, I never watch 'the news'.Smiley

John
Hero
Fixes: 5

Hadn't noticed that @Minivanman but I heard his little joke about Brussels and sprouts ...

Edit: typo

Aspiring Legend

Given the pro EU stance taken by the BBC over recent years and given that over half of those that voted decided they wanted out, it stands to reason that a heck of a lot of people have lost faith with the BBC - not to mention other news outlets such as the Guardian.

Well they made their beds and if they are now finding it rather uncomfortable then they have only themselves to blame as the winner takes all and moves away from the table come January 2021.

Just get so fed up with it all being so negative. More to take on board as we leave to travel or live and work in the EU sure, but they fail to mention that it works both ways. 

"Just checking your luggage mon ami to make sure you are not trying to smuggle in drugs, guns...or fish into the EU". 😆

Hero
Fixes: 9

I can imagine the new duty-free allowances between the UK and the EU:  One litre of spirits, one litre of wine, 200 cigarettes, and a medium-sized cod.

Seasoned Champion

@Jonpe What no chips....OOPS sorry forgot they cant get the seed potatoes from us!!!Evil

Hero
Fixes: 30

Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL