cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LloydsTSB Spam

Fixes: 47

LloydsTSB Spam

So far this month I have received at least 5 emails entitled Your chance to win tickets to London 2012.
If it wasn't for the fact that they are my bank I would add them to my spam list Angry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: LloydsTSB Spam

Yes, it's getting boring Sad
A few other Olympic sponsors are doing the same.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I haven`t had any offers for tickets for the olympics..... and if I did, I would ignore them, as to me, it is a total waste of taxpayers money, and a non=event....
aside from that... I used to bank with T.S.B. before they were taken over by another load of bankers....  Cheesy  They messed up my account, and when I complained to the manager, he said well there are other banks you can use... so I did...... and then I wrote to the General Manager and his response was the same...so I replied with a very long diatribe of a letter to the GM and the local manager, hoping that one day T.S.B. would be a proper bank and not known a the Toytown Savings Bank, that it really was...  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Shutter, who took over Lloyds?  They took over TSB AFAIK.
Fixes: 121

I was with Abbey National (latter Abbey) for many years. Then they got taken over by Santander. Their whole attitude changed and I couldn't get out quick enough. I left Barclays for Abbey and went back to Barclays.
Funnily enough I never get emails from them unless I've specifically requiested an answer that way.
I get a lot purporting to be from Lloyds and NatWest which, by the use of English alone, has definitely not originated from them Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Heloman
Grafter

What have I done wrong?
I'm a LLoydsTSB customer and do 90% of my banking online. But I have never, ever received an email from them.
On second thoughts, what have I done right?
Grin

You lucky fellah Smiley
I called in yesterday to pay in a nice cheque from the tax man, went up to the counter, a few taps on the keyboard and a signature, all done Smiley
Then came the "'have you spoken to anyone about upgrading your account to one that pays more interest" bit Roll eyes
"Yes thank you but I'm not interested just now. I'm looking at my options" I replied with a smile that didn't spread to the rest of my face.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: shutter
I used to bank with T.S.B. before they were taken over by another load of bankers....  Cheesy   

This particular line was intended to convey that TSB were taken over by Lloyds, a.k.a. "another load of bankers".  Roll eyes    Cheesy
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat

I called in yesterday to pay in a nice cheque from the tax man, went up to the counter, a few taps on the keyboard and a signature, all done Smiley
Then came the "'have you spoken to anyone about upgrading your account to one that pays more interest" bit Roll eyes
"Yes thank you but I'm not interested just now. I'm looking at my options" I replied with a smile that didn't spread to the rest of my face.

Yes this is another irritating thing with banks.  If you have a healthy account they want to get their hands on it.  I even get calls at home to try to get me to invest with them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: artmo
Shutter, who took over Lloyds?  They took over TSB AFAIK.

Lloyds bought a 'real time' computer system when the tookover/merged with TSB, up until the merger Lloyds clients didn't have real time access to their accounts, there was a 48 hour delay in account updates.
Community Veteran

In general i am pleased with Lloyds TSB and would certainly recommend them.

I have to agree. I don't have much in the way of dealings with them as I do all my stuff online and things just generally work.
Community Veteran

You're right Strat same for me.  Little direct contact but when I do need to talk to them either by phone or visit  to a branch they are fine.
I have to say, however, they could learn a lot in customer care from the American banks.  I am presently on holiday in the US and it is a joy to go into my bank here. One nice touch is that they provide free coffee whilst you are waiting. Cool
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

in the US and it is a joy to go into my bank here. One nice touch is that they provide free coffee whilst you are waiting

Too true, I get the the image of a men's urinal in a British bank, waiting for your turn at a stall - anyone else Roll eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra

Quote from: artmo
they provide free coffee whilst you are waiting. Cool

We get yesterday's newspaper Lips are sealed