Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liverpool comedian Tom O'Connor's died!

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Liverpool comedian Tom O'Connor's died!

Tom O'Connor dies aged 81! 

RIP, I remember when he did some quiz show back in the late 70s/early 80s, was it "Give us a clue" or something like that?

*edited, I got the poor man's age wrong he was 81 not 91!*

Do you see? Cheesy
8 REPLIES 8
HelloDuck
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Liverpool comedian Tom O'Connor's died!

A piece of useless information as normal from me

Tom's son Steve Finan O'Conner is married to the heptathlon athlete Denise Lewis born in West Bromwich 

HD

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

@HelloDuck What makes a good post is that after one has read it one knows something one did not know five minutes previously..........

HelloDuck
Pro

@TeeGee   Thanks I try to put just useful posts on here I thought it was interesting 

HD

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

@HelloDuck

There was actually a lot to your comment not the least being a Scouser married to a Brummie. What language do the children grow up with!? Denise Lewis is a true star. I just hope he can keep up the pace!

HelloDuck
Pro

@TeeGee 

Your children will grow up with the language where you are living now going to school with children who speak with the accent for that area plus understanding special phases their mother and farther use and will come out with them sometimes 

That's what my daughter did speaks with an accent of the area where we move when she was 9 she's 45 now 

I  still have a strong accent from where I used to live over  35 years ago so when I was working people use to say they spoke to a manager with a ###### accent so I could never get away with anything  

HD

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

Local accents and sayings are quite fascinating in my case from Liverpool across the North. It was by sheer coincidence with this thread that my wife, visiting her sister in London next week asked me what bus stop was near her house. My reply , stifling a scouse accent was you have to get off at Edge Hill.

I explained to her later that it had nothing to do with travelling by train!

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I have a very strong local accent, hence I hate dealing with non UK call centres because most of them don't understand me.

Do you see? Cheesy
Mav
Fixes: 436

I always found Tom to be enjoyable to watch in the same vain as Des O'Connor (no relation apparently)

@MrAllen2021 wrote:

Tom O'Connor dies aged 81! 

RIP, I remember when he did some quiz show back in the late 70s/early 80s, was it "Give us a clue" or something like that?

It was Name That Tune - it was mentioned in the article you linked to Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still