cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liver Transplant

Not applicable

Re: Liver Transplant

More people will opt out in protest as we seem to live in a country where freedoms are being reduced all the time.

Got it in one itsme! 
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Petlew
Apart from religious grounds,

May find this interesting
Are there religious objections to organ and tissue donation?
No, none of the major religions in the UK object to organ and tissue donation and transplantation. If you have any doubts, you should discuss them with your spiritual or religious adviser.

Believe Jehovah's Witnesses are not against transplant so long the blood has been removed from the organ and no blood transfusion from another person is done.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: itsme
Believe Jehovah's Witnesses are not against transplant so long the blood has been removed from the organ and no blood transfusion from another person is done.

Thanks for the clarification itsme. However I suspect that there are few surgical teams around that would undertake for arguments sake; a heart transplant, without a ready supply of "bagged" blood products available. Most procedures are quite bloody affairs, with considerable blood loss by the patient, which would need to be replaced. So while JW's might not object in principle, the reality may be quite different.
Check out this website http://www.donatelifenm.org/religiousviews.htm for further information on religious views. The only one I could find that was definitely opposed is Japanese Shinto.
I made the comment in my original post so as to keep the debate on a purely practical level, rather than open up a tangent. But it seems I may not need to have worried.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Petlew
[snip] Can anybody come up with a reasonably argued reason for NOT being a donor or, why you should find it necessary to opt-out of being a donor?

Yes me I have had the big "C" plus TB