cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little 'n' large

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Little 'n' large

I have been producing a poster for my bowls club, In MS Word. The size is the standard A4. Some members though have voiced that they would prefer some as A5 or A3. I can get them reduced or enlarged at my local Staples.
But if I try to use a page set up of A5 in Word the page size is reduced as you would expect, but the graphics remain as the original A4 spilling over the page edges.
Does anybody know how to reduce a graphic from A4 to fit A5 in Word, in other words reduce it but retain the original aspect.
I realise that IF I had started the whole thing in a single sizeable box it would be easy, but I didn't, each element is added as a seperate text box...slapped wrist.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
8 REPLIES
caulbox
Grafter

Re: Little 'n' large

I haven't tested this myself....but might it not be possible to continue working with standard A4, but "scale to paper size" when printing?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Which version of MS Word?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Version 2002. From MS Office 2002.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

@caulbox. May I ask please what you mean by "but might it not be possible to continue working with standard A4"

Community Veteran

He means to use the print manager to resize it rather than in Word
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
caulbox
Grafter

Actually the screenshot above is the print dialogue in Office XP (my version of word).
The point I was trying to make is that if it's just the means to print smaller (A5) posters that's been thwarting you, then for all practical purposes there should be no need to change a word document  that is currently setup to print on A4 paper. You can side-step any image size issues and preserve the original aspect ratio, simply by choosing to zoom to A5 scale in that print dialogue.
Community Veteran

Many thanks caulbox and Gus.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have an Epson S22 printer dirt cheap, on the print menu I can ask it to print 2 or 4 pages per sheet.  i.e. A5 or A6, works a treat.
it also lets you print double sided by turning the paper over, so you do the side one left to right odd pages, then the other right to left even pages.  Makes a nice book