cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listening to Adele now

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Listening to Adele now

I'm listening to Adele now ,live on TV. Why do people find her fascinating?

It seems all her songs are 'about a boy/man, who ran off with her best friend/milkman/dad or someone (another ex-boyfriend) who refused to buy her a large portion of chips with scratchings. I find her songs depressing, it would be interesting to find out how many suicides she has been responsible for.

She has a potentially nice voice but her warbling and 'tailing off' all the time is annoying.

Is it just me, or does anyone else also feel that they ought to out and buy shares in rope and potatoes?

15 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Listening to Adele now

Music is subjective and I'm sure some of the artists you listen would be on my that's a load of rubbish list.

On Adele I'll quite happily listen to her music
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I've not got a problem with Adele. I wouldn't personally listen to her by choice but I also don't mind it if i hear it

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Hero

I have absolutely no idea about this singer therefore, no idea as to why or even if she is any good.

Should I have stayed in rather than getting out more? Smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I quite like her music Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

rogadodge wrote:

I'm listening to Adele now

My condolences...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I haven`t really been interested in the uk pop music since I came across HELENE FISCHER... about 5 years ago.

I do watch the pathetic people trying to prove they are "something else" on X factor , or the voice,.. but really they all pale into insignifiant wannabees, who delight in screaming and shouting instead of using controlled vocal effort and talent.

compare  Adele to Helene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xS0s7FStA  perfection ...

(here is a medley, with english subtitles,... and she does have a double CD in English...too.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IpsWRW7eW4

Community Veteran

I find a lot of singers / music come under the heading - OK in small doses only

Fixes: 125

I do think Skyfall is excellentThumbs Up

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

quelquod
Aspiring Pro

Adele's just another bland singer, no worse no better than most. Her popularity is down to pressure advertising from the 'music' companies to get her air time and bring in a bit more cash. Really good, different singers are quite rare so the record companies have to make the best of what's there. Anyone remember the truly dreadful Susan Boyle now?

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Sorry @quelquod but I think you’re wrong, to me, and I suspect everyone, music is based on taste, no amount of advertising would ever encourage me to buy music I didn’t like, and with the amount of record sales that Adele and Susan Boyle have it must be down to the fact that their music is liked.

If anyone buys an album or single based on marketing alone they’re in need of getting their head looked at!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

quelquod wrote:

Adele's just another bland singer, no worse no better than most. Her popularity is down to pressure advertising from the 'music' companies to get her air time and bring in a bit more cash.

I don't ever remember seeing Adele being advertised on the internet or TV. I've obviously seen her on TV in small doses but never seen any albums advertised.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Hero

"If anyone buys an album or single based on marketing alone they’re in need of getting their head looked at!"

Well not really as marketing music almost always includes some sort of listening sample of what you are being encouraged to buy - there are enough of them at the moment being touted on television from dyed in the wool and hair Cliff Richard and the like. Crikey, who knew Alexander Armstrong from 'Pointless' could sing? 

Anyways, apart from my love of Classicals, I'm more of a Woody Guthrie type of fan m'self Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

I see what you mean, but if you then buy something based on what you hear in that advert then you’re buying it because you like what you hear. If the advert didn’t contain any samples of the tracks I’d be willing to put money on it that you’d try to hear them first before you parted with your money. The exception to that rule being an ardent fanatic of the artist being advertised.

As for Alexander Armstrong he has an exceptional singing voice, and the latest offering from Cliff Richard is shameful.

Community Veteran

I'm not a fan of Adele but she must have something going for her if people are prepared to pay thousands of pounds for tickets to see her.

Tickets

I admire her stance of trying to fight the touts but don't think it will work.