Fixes: 1

Listen to the music!!

; and..

&p=AA10F70414C0C5A8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Listen to the music!!

Nice one.... brings out the goosebumps.....
wonder why it was draggin along a diesel loco in the rear though..... did someone forget to uncouple it after shunting the coachesHuhHuh
Community Veteran

Wow that's music alright Smiley Smiley  Good way to wake me up this morning Wink
Community Veteran

"wonder why it was draggin along a diesel loco in the rear though"
I read that in the early days after it was first commissioned Network Rail insisted on the "rescue vehicle" being taken along for the ride in case of emergencies!
Community Veteran

It doesn't say much for the confidence they have in their equipment does it Huh  it seems an expensive back-up and how long would it take to get a replacement loco if needed?
Community Veteran

I think the builders of the loco had every confidence, but the powers-that-be wanted to play it belt and braces, so to speak. It had to go through a lot of testing at speed before they would let it out on its own! All down to the litigation culture we now live in.
Fixes: 47

Shivers down the spine stuff. Pity we don't have smellyvision though as the mix of oil and steam is something else Cool
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I believe the reason some/many steam runs have a backup engine on the back is insurance in case of problems, because if the steam engine does fail, the diesel can be powered up and get the train into the next loop and out of the way of the normal traffic, otherwise the excursion company could be help liable for expenses of all the normal train operators.
It happens with preserved diesels too. At least it is better than having the diesel immediately behind the steam engine.

mentalist3d
Grafter

not a train buff, but must admit that there is something beautiful about the old steam trains