cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkedIn passwords at risk.

kmilburn
Grafter

LinkedIn passwords at risk.

If anybody here is using LinkedIn, you may want to change your password.
Russian hackers expose 6.5 MILLION 'LinkedIn passwords'
A list containing the SHA1 hashed but unsalted passwords, purportedly of users of the business social network, has been posted on a Russian Dropbox-alike website.
There aren't any email addresses or names on the leaked list, but security experts have been at pains to stress that doesn't mean the hackers don't have them.

Looks like it's not LinkedIn's week..
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: LinkedIn passwords at risk.

I'm always getting invites to join Linkedin as a lot of friends are members.  Glad I've resisted the temptation  Wink Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

6.5 million LinkedIn passwords...
Well, the passwords weren't all "LinkedIn"  Tongue Although that was a popular choice!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Oh well, at least I didn't use one of my strong passwords for that account Roll eyes
If I really don't care if an account gets hacked then my most weakest is a swear word, followed by my second weakest which is non dictionary combination of that. My LinkedIn account was the latter at least.
So I've changed that and I don't think I used that original password elsewhere that matters.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

For a site as big as that which serves to help the pro's do their job networking you'd expect them to have found their own IT pros to at least salt their passwords..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

LinkedIn users targeted in phishing scam after hack
Quote from: http
He added: "These members will also receive an email from LinkedIn with instructions on how to reset their passwords

The genuine email won't have a link to click.
And: Last.fm is the latest site to suffer a password breach