cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life in Reverse

Fixes: 47

Life in Reverse

Here's one to think about.
Just supposing we lived our life in reverse. By that I mean we were 'born' at the age of, say 90 complete with a lifetimes worth of knowledge and experience. We then proceeded to grow younger progressively losing this knowledge and experience until we ran out of years and died.
The first startling fact that comes to mind is that everyone would know the date of their death. Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Life in Reverse

Well, I think Prince Charles must feel a bit that way.... I mean,  think of it.... He has lived for 60 years, so far, training for his first real job, and it doesn`t look like he will start it until he reaches retiring age..... !
Fixes: 105

Well you would know the maximum time you would be alive, you'd still have all the known unknowns.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

...and you could book the nursery you wanted to retire to Cheesy
This is starting to sound like normal life Crazy
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
craigyoung
Grafter

I suppose if you still have kids after 30 years of being alive, you'd have a 60 year old looking after a 90 year old child.
I find all the running up and down the stairs when the baby cries tiring enough now, let alone when I'm 60.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just supposing we lived our life in reverse. By that I mean we were 'born' at the age of, say 90
  and I thought that was called senile decay?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I read a science fiction short story about that - it was so long ago I have no idea who wrote it  Embarrassed
techguy
Grafter

What a cheery discussion this is
To cheer yourself even more have a look at the following site: http://www.deathclock.com
N/A

Wow - that site is really something. Based on the age at which most of my family have died I had anticipated that I might do the same and it comes more or less to what I had thought. Scary!
techguy
Grafter

That site has been going for a good few years so the data it is based on may well be out of date.
Anyway people, don't have nightmares.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If I don't reach the predicted date, I shall complain bitterly...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thought you mike like this latest iPod add on - its not a joke it does exist
techguy
Grafter

I have my PC sound filtered through a coolermaster Musketeer 2 which is valve based, it does soften the sound which is nice and means I have a funky looking VU needle on the front which reacts to the beat of the music along with one that gives a rough indication of case temp and fan speed all lit in blue  Grin
I'll dig out my camera and take a picture of my tower.
Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Well, I think Prince Charles must feel a bit that way.... I mean,  think of it.... He has lived for 60 years, so far, training for his first real job, .........

Bit unkind there, shutter!
He spent 8 years in the RN doing a "real" job. Exactly like any other Short Service officer. And ended up commanding HMS Bronington which he earned on merit,. not privilege.....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

"All part of the training"................... In fact, it is not "unkind" ...........it is a matter of History, that the monarch has some military training during his "work up" to his enthronement... As you well know, sir, Dartmouth is an excellent school for etiquette, good manners, and social skills..... 
It was a bit    " tongue in cheek " though....