cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lib-Dems to ban diesel cars - two face leader

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Lib-Dems to ban diesel cars - two face leader

Tim Farron,,, exiting from a DIESEL POWERED BUS... says the Lib Dems will ban the sale of diesel cars..

How two faced can a party get ?  With it`s leader exiting a DIESEL POWERED BUS  ? ? ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/17/liberal-democrats-would-ban-sale-diesel-cars-tax-cannabis...

11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Lib-Dems to ban diesel cars - two face leader

shutter wrote:

ban the sale of diesel cars..

Just another mindless poorly thought out "sound bite".

After the next election maybe this will be big enough to transport the entire Lib Dem / "Green" party around.

9315d8b9-9a30-4c89-933c-3479abbdba97.jpg

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Or even one of these? Cheesy 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

billnotben wrote:

shutter wrote:

ban the sale of diesel cars..

Just another mindless poorly thought out "sound bite".

After the next election maybe this will be big enough to transport the entire Lib Dem / "Green" party around.

9315d8b9-9a30-4c89-933c-3479abbdba97.jpg

Well,   I would vote for them......cos they are  " The Goodiess".... and all the rest are the "baddies"   ! ! ...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

@Minivanman  LMFAO Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I wouldn't worry about it. What they say and what they do are 3 different things.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Good job the LDs will never see power again, you know a party is desperate for votes when they play the "We'll legalise your favourite drugs" card, they tried it in canada and basically did a U-turn and were "Yeah, we're not going to do that now suckers!!"...Funny

alanf
Aspiring Pro

It would have been a good gimmick to have travelled by a bus powered by hydrogen or LPG (are we sure that it was a diesel bus or are we just assuming that?) However, there is some justification for treating buses and cars differently.

Heavy vehicles and buses are said to emit 50% less NOX than the highest current standard diesel cars km for km and 90% less per litre of fuel consumed. So NOX per passenger km travelled by bus must compare very favourably with a car.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jan/06/diesel-cars-are-10-times-more-toxic-than-trucks-...

Community Veteran

Hopefully, after the Election, Theresa May will organise a Spring Clean of the House of Lords and trim the number of Lib Peers to a representative level.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

@alanf  I can see what motivates your analogy with "per passenger mile"  comparing bus travel with car travel.... but.. if a single decker bus churns out 1 ton of gunge over a 20 mile journey.... it does so, with no passengers, and also does it when full of passengers... (which is a very rare occasion)...(  except maybe at going home time in London... ) 

IF diesel car sales are banned... then the number of petrol driven cars will ( presumably )..increase...... thus maintaining the NOX level as at present.. or even make it worse .... bannning diesel car sales will take forever and a day to bring the numbers down on the road.... certainly will not achieve anything reasonable in the next parliamentary term...

It will not make people use public transport e.g diesel engined bus or train... therefore the "per passenger mile" comparison will be just another "non-argument" for politicians to throw out in sound bytes to make them look good..

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

@shutter re: the last bit of your above post - do politicians ever sound good? To me, they usually sound thick, especially  the current crop of careerists.Crazy

John
Minivanman
Hero

My first check on a politician, see if they have had a 'proper job' and not a NABB (not another bloody barrister) and not some knob enriched from dealing in the City.

Ex student union officials (and that includes me) are also highly suspicious, as are any title holders (not me) Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.