Fixes: 2

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

We all know who don't we !!

Pinocchio.jpg

27 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Just a normal politico. His lips were moving.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Hero

Give me a clue, I must be getting even slower.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

bit like Virgin Trains - Clue Grin

bigger clue think Corbyn

Minivanman
Hero

Ah yes, the man himself trying to find a seat Crazy2

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Nah Corbyn has gone grey, that chap has dark hair like george osborne

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If he'd travelled on a Class 142 Pacer DMU, I'd believe him about being packed like sardines, having been on a few of them when they're so packed I started to struggle to breathe cos nobody would open the windows, but on one of them intercity trains, nah, plenty of seats available for the rich, even if they had been reserved he could have at least sat somewhere that wasn't a danger to himself or others...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I did once believe that Corbyn was the honest type of politician looking out for the common man.

This stunt on the railway makes him look like a mischevious lying little prat.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that he supports renationalisation of the railways but he's really screwed the cause over along with his political career.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

So he probably should have kicked a few "common men" out of their seats so that he could have a seat on "security grounds". Then everyone would call rightly him a hypocrite.

There was no way he could win a political stunt - he is not the kind of person who goes for that sort of thing anyway.

BTW I've just started reading the autobiography of Dennis Skinner.

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

There was a rumour at the time that many Tory supporters signed up to vote in the original Labour leadership election, just so they could keep JC in as leader, thus ensuring a Tory Government for many years to come !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The good news is that he is likely to win the election for leader of the labour party.

By good news I mean it's good news for the conservatives !

nanotm
Pro

it was good news when our parliament was mainly about bluff n bluster but had pretty much zero power, now that brexit has happened we need an opposition that offers more than a side show to laugh about, something I think Cameron actually tried to indicate during his final week as PM, and certainly its apparent that the parliamentary labour party realised this, just as shame the fringe loons didn't get the memo that its time for them to stop being a show pony and start being relevant ......

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 47

What was this I heard about bags left on seats on the train.

I've also seen this in McDonalds.

I thought that these days all bags left untended would be destroyed in a controlled explosion by Special Forces.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nanotm
Pro

Strat wrote:

I thought that these days all bags left untended would be destroyed in a controlled explosion by Special Forces.

the've been claiming that since the mid 1980's when the Provo's actually left a bomb at a train station yet lost property and unclaimed baggage points can be found in most train stations ...... its a scare tactic to stop people leaving things lying around it wouldn't be so bad if they actually did blow everything up just to prove a point but then again I don't think we have enough EOD teams for that to happen ....

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

So, all a clued-up terrorist needs do is to leave various innocent packages at airports, railway stations etc to cause considerable disruption, few casualties and moderate explosions?

I would include an alarm clock with a loud tick for verisimilitude.