Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letting go of Winter.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Letting go of Winter.

Is anybody else finding it hard to let go of winter?

Into April now, and yet we are still lighting our little wood burner each evening. Another month yet? Seems like it, and definitely too early yet to put those windowsill nursery tomatoes out into the greenhouse. 

Brrr. 

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 31

Re: Letting go of Winter.

@Minivanman, yes the Weather!

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Indeed, but the point I was trying to make was it's hard to flip that heating switch off or (in our case) get out of the cosy habit of lighting the fire of an evening but still, my winter wood pile is almost gone so......... 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Be glad to see the back of this winter, whilst I like cold winter days with clear blue skies it seems that we have had more of our share of wet and windy days.

No doubt someone can find links that show this winter is no worse than many other past winters but to me it has seemed a slow long winter.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Ditto to all that. Thumbs Up

Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

Well considering it was SNOWING hard yesterday at lunchtime, just as I was out with the dog, and continued into the evening, I can't see me switching off the heating yet!.
Mind you it is now 6C and the snow is almost all gone again. But they are forecasting more for next week, along with 10C temps.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

We have a large puddle at the bottom of the garden which is very unusual, all I need now is a few ducks.

Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@gleneagles wrote:

, all I need now is a few ducks.

Cheesy

You`d be quackers not to.....  ( where`s the duck smiley ? ? ? ?  )     >Q

Jonpe
All Star
Fixes: 4

The forecast is for 17C in London tomorrow followed by about four showery days, including my days off.  My days off vary from week to week, and more often than not fall on rainy days; it's got to the point that the local newsagent says, "It must be your day off" if I pop into his shop on a rainy day.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Ah but..... do you go in there when it`s NOT your day off  ? ?   or when it`s sunny on your day off  ? ?   Undecided

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Don't be fooled, your newsagent will be saying that to every customer - although having said that, my barber has stopped asking me if I want anything for the weekend. Wink

PS. Summer on it's way, two dead flies (one of which might have been moving) found on my windowsill this afternoon.