cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets have a good wee argument today lol

thisoldman
Grafter

Lets have a good wee argument today lol

Should a mosque be built next to the world trade centre?...........................or
should they build it next to plusnet towers in sheffield so we can all go there and pray for plusnet?
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Lets have a good wee argument today lol

On a serious point, the mosque should not be built near the World Trade Center.  It is an insensitive move.
thisoldman
Grafter

i agree with artmo.......then as im eating my boiled egg i  read that villagers in a cambridgeshire village objected to 1000 gypsy travellers holding a festival of light christian rally  in their village.
Iv just emailed the pastor telling him to go to sheffield where Mand and Oldjim have the tea ready.
Community Veteran

Don't think they'll find Oldjim in Sheffield Undecided Undecided  I think he's from Dorset. Don't send the caravans down his way though - I think he's got enough pegs Smiley
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: thisoldman
i  read that villagers in a cambridgeshire village objected to 1000 gypsy travellers holding a festival of light christian rally  in their village.
Been following this on BBC Look East - seems that the field was rented for £1500 for the week and the farmer was initially told that only about 30 vans would be there.
I see that President Obama has defended the building of a mosque.
Community Veteran

And what's the betting that once the vans got into the field they would have stayed there.
Yes, I saw the speech Obama made in defence of the mosque's location.  He is certainly out of step with the US people who are very much against it.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the leader of the Cambridge group, who did the booking and paid, claimed that he can guarantee that they will leave at the weekend and that the field will be clean - he did not have a left of Great  Britain accent either.
thisoldman
Grafter

artmo:  as you are usually well informed  , may i ask you please if you have ever considered the possibility that OBama may be some kind of muslim  stooge/spy/agent  etc etc? Wink
nadger
Rising Star

@pierre_pierre - Did you also see about the travellers on the common at Southwold claiming that they had every right to be there so kids could have a seaside holiday.
Community Veteran

artmo:  as you are usually well informed  , may i ask you please if you have ever considered the possibility that OBama may be some kind of muslim  stooge/spy/agent  etc etc? Wink

Oh, now there's a contentious point.  Many Americans certainly do and go to great lengths to 'dish the dirt' to prove it.  Many think it's a conspiracy to get the Muslim voice in high places. I don't go along with that view.
Lurker
Grafter

If it had been a Christian flying the aeroplane, would people have the same objections to building a church there?
So much more I could say, but I think the previous sentence sums it up succinctly.
Fixes: 47

Should a mosque be built next to the world trade centre?

Was it Muslims who did the deed or people claiming to be acting in the name of Islam......not quite the same thing.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Definitely not muslim I can assure you, I have a close friend whom Ive kept in touch with since school days and he's a muslim, Yeah a good old peace keeping muslim who works hard and pays his taxes etc etc..In the name of Islam my left foot.
Community Veteran

Whether Obama is muslim or not is immaterial;  the American people voted him into office.
He also makes a fair point in relation to the mosque.  The American constitution gives citizens the right to a freedom of religious belief.  It doesn't say it only applies when it's convenient, or as long as no-one, who apparently adheres to that belief, does something wrong. (Otherwise Christianity would have been banned long ago - and I speak here as a Chrisitan)
As to the field issue.  I suspect the land-owner saw a chance for a nice little earner, and then when people started to notice the influx of caravans, he got scared.  If you hire a field that size (the fifty or so caravans hardly fill one end of it), then you can't be surprised when the hirers turn up.  Lets see if they do leave at the weekend.  I'd like to see Chelmsford DC say next weekend "we only hired the park out expecting 100 or so people, we didn't expect the V Festival to attract hundreds of thousands!"
John
thisoldman
Grafter

well said john