Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lent

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Lent

What are you giving up for Lent....or have you given up everything already over Covid????🤣

5 REPLIES 5
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Lent

I always give up pancakes every year after pancake day, and not just for Lent but until the next pancake day. 😀

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Well after the fun and games of this, and other things I have not given up alcohol.

There have been a few times, when I did a Lloyd Bridges classic and thought "Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking".

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

@TTman wrote:

What are you giving up for Lent....

Never understood the point of it...... 

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

It's Christian/Catholic thing @shutter - or at least it was until it was hijacked by social media out of sync and out of time with such things as going meat or going booze free for a month as some sort of secular pat on the back.

The original purpose is easily examined but as you say, what's the point... unless of course you are of that mindset.

I do given up with arguing with some people though and we've all been there, and there will come a time when I'll give up on life if it ever became physically painful with no prospect of relief. Until then it's grab what you can and enjoy what you have and if it makes you feel better about yourself by going without something for a month in solidarity, sympathy, remembrance or whatever then who am I to encourage otherwise.

The only thing I'll be giving up is giving up anything... which is nothing as I don't give anything up to start with!

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Strat
Fixes: 495

I'm going to give up New Year resolutions.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 86.0 (64-bit)