cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legend

geewizz
Grafter

Legend

I am a legend. I notice that the [Legend] title has not been added to my profile. How long does it take for this to be updated?
98 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Legend

Community Site Suggestions

Any ideas or suggestions you have on how we can improve the Community Site should be posted here.

perhaps a PlusNet definition of [Legend]  would not come amiss.....
Seems like the Wikipedia definition does not quite cover the previous posters attributes ?

Edit:~
After checking out the link provided by Strat (below) I have to edit this post with the PlusNet version/definition...

Legend
This is similar to the Bright Spark rank, but is used to recognise the huge amount of time and effort a user has devoted to making these forums a place to be proud to be a part of.

It appears to me that the O.P.  has high opinions of his self, judging by some of the recent postings, which have definitely been contrary to the  definition above.

jmd
Grafter

Would also be useful to know what a bright spark is too..............
Fixes: 47

Have a look here Josie.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
jmd
Grafter

Well after reading those descriptions Strat [thank you] then the
"Legend
This is similar to the Bright Spark rank, but is used to recognise the huge amount of time and effort a user has devoted to making these forums a place to be proud to be a part of."

I cannot see how anyone could suggest that they themselves should be defined in that way!  To me it would mean that the person is above reproach in how they post in all forums.
Angry

Spot on Smiley
Community Veteran

Perhaps if the OP posts another 13,000 posts he may possibly be considered  Tongue
Community Veteran

Fixed Wink
B.
cp:quote
Community Veteran

Like the Zimbabwe election result?   Undecided Shocked Undecided                 I hope not.
[Moderators Note by Daniel (Assos), Removed full quote of previous post, it is not needed and contravenes the link:rules.]

Quote from: Barry
Quote from: Peter
Perhaps if the OP posts insightful, useful and interesting posts he may possibly be considered  Tongue

Fixed Wink
B.

Corrected  Tongue
Community Veteran

Adjusted    Wink   (with respect to Peter`s original response)
[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
Bob_Milton
Grafter

I have only one request.
Would it be possible for all of our helpers of varying 'ranks' or whatever they may be called or known as; please try to be able to spell whenever they submit a post.
Please could they make it a priority for their own entries.
I have been reading (for the first time), sections that are linked to this topic, notably a link provided by Strat.
I was quite amazed to find that there were repeated spelling mistakes, sometimes by folk of an elevated 'rank'. To me they lack good communication skills.
I guess that if they were involved in programming and they made silly mistakes, their programming would not be of the best quality.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

A slight (or Big) problem, some people like Midnight are dyslexic, ther is one also on PN staff, it is not their fault that they cant seemingly spell, others probably (or so it seems) only learnt how to play games at school or texting on a mobile and are just to lazy to
A) use the caps correctly for I said and not i said.
B) to use the complete word i.e txt instead of text, surely thay can put in the extra E.  likewise 4 - FOR  u YOU
Smiley Wink Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Quote from: pierre_pierre
A) use the caps correctly for I said and not i said.
That is the one which slips by the Firefox spell checker as the single dot  under i is easily missed and there doesn't seem to be a spell checker with an auto correct function
Community Veteran

/2p
Personally speaking,
This is a forum for everyone, regardless of their educational or literacy background.
We should accept people for who or what they are, and if they make mistakes in their spelling, but we can understand what they are saying, then we should accept that as it is - that does not make them a bad communicator.
I agree in part with the text speak side of things, as we should try to steer away from that as this takes away the meaning of the written language, however, with todays' climate this is not going to change anytime soon.
Time to accept and move on.
\2p