Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal Aid Bill

nadger
Rising Star

Legal Aid Bill

Just seen on BBC that Abu Qatada's legal aid bill has passed £500,000  Cry
Amazing what it's cost UK to keep him in country that doesn't want him.
Lawyers laughing all way to bank.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Legal Aid Bill

Hmmm, it would have been cheaper to have given him half of that and tell him to "Foxtrot Oscar!".  Wink
Geoff,
York.
Fixes: 102

as the fines for Spain and France seem to be about €50,000 for shipping people off the courts have told them not to, that's an even cheaper option Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Not only that but we have also just provided him with a new 450,000 house - he complained his previous one was too small Angry
New Home
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

By Mark16, Manchester, 16/12/2012 14:46
Just how is he eligible for Legal Aid, yet the law abiding citizens of this country are having this service cut back due to the cuts when they possibly need it. I don't understand just how he gets any benefits at all as he entered this country illegally with a dodgy passport. Just how much in proper figure does this person and his family cost us when he should have no right to anything.

Watt I agree with 100%
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It's down to the fools who run this country, irrespective of which party they are in it seems they are more concerned with the rights of anyone other than the citizens of this country.
Fortunately I am not about to lose my house, go hungry or need medication that the government denies me on the grounds it's to expensive but if I was in this or many of the other groups of people who need urgent help and cannot get it I would be having a sit in outside this property.
Just can't understand why all the numerous protest groups we often see in action or Trade unions don't seem bothered in taking some sort of protest action over this !
Community Veteran

By Mark16, Manchester, 16/12/2012 14:46
Just how is he eligible for Legal Aid, yet the law abiding citizens of this country are having this service cut back due to the cuts when they possibly need it. I don't understand just how he gets any benefits at all as he entered this country illegally with a dodgy passport. Just how much in proper figures does this person and his family cost us when he should have no right to anything.

Original post seems to have been deleted? However, I agree wholeheartedly!
Geoff,
York.
Fixes: 102

That's a quote from somewhere else NedLudd, not here Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks