cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving

p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Leaving

Due to significant and ongoing differences of opinion with the remaining members of the moderating time I have left the Community and PUG with effect from last week. Users will note that all personal posts made since the introduction of the Community Site have been removed. I have not removed or tampered with any third party posts.
I will remain a customer of PlusNet as I don't feel this unfortunate clash in personalities should disadvantage PlusNet commercially, and I still strongly believe in the PlusNet product and brand. This relationship will now purely be one of customer and supplier though.
I should like to apologise to all those who took the time to vote for me as a moderator that I will not be there to represent your views. I should also like to thank those users who have made the Community a pleasant and useful resource, and wish you all the best for the future.
50 REPLIES
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Leaving

Oh I think we need more details of those differences.
James
Grafter

All the best in the future Peter, although I suspect I'll be hearing from you at some stage Smiley
N/A

All the best from me too, and thanks for all the hard work you put in as mod.
I guess this answers the question about how we should communicate your departure to the Community, who I'm sure will also be grateful for the time you gave here.
~~~~
Without taking this thread too far off the topic of PJ's departure, Bill [Billbo] stepped down recently too due to pressures of time etc.
We will of course be launching a recruitment drive in due course - we just have some things to sort out to improve the process first.
mcgurka
Grafter

Best wishes PJ, all the best!
jazz
Grafter

Sorry to see you step dow PJ but glad that you are still around in the Forum in apersonal capacity.  Thanks for the work that you did for us as a mod and thank you for the help that you always give in the Forum.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Watt can I say I am shocked.  I glad that you are still around in the Forum in apersonal capacity.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

please read the original post
I have left the Community and PUG with effect from last week
which is a pity as I found his assistance to users very constructive and helpful
Fixes: 47

I don't consider my vote wasted as your contributions have been substantial.
Sorry to see you step down. Stay in touch.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
holdtight
Grafter

Your input and hard work has been of great benefit to most here Peter and will be sorely missed
Sorry to see it have to come to this mate and i feel that my vote was not a wasted one either
The good news though is that you will still be around and your not leaving completely.
All the best mate !
LiamM
Grafter

From conversations with PJ, I understand that he has left both Community and PUG entirely and has no plans to return.  Hence the deleting of all his posts.
geewizz
Grafter

From actually reading the first post, I draw the same conclusions.
Now who is going to help me pick up these toys?
N/A

I hope that PJ reconsiders at a later date and rejoins us (perhaps as a member but not a mod). The moderators are so important to the running of the Community site and his input will be missed by many.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: PJ
Due to significant and ongoing differences of opinion with the remaining members of the moderating time I have left the Community and PUG with effect from last week.

Been busy so I've only just caught up with this.
Quote from: PJ
Users will note that all personal posts made since the introduction of the Community Site have been removed. I have not removed or tampered with any third party posts.

That seems very childish to me - by doing this he's wrecked some threads. For example http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,64056.0.html - what was poppy seconding? OK resign if you have "ongoing differences of opinion with the remaining members of the moderating time", but wrecking topics which have been posted to by normal members of the forum?
If someone is capable of doing something like this it raises questions in my mind about their suitability to be a mod in the first place.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

As you quoted my post Jelv, you have pointed out something that I didn't know. I can't see why personal posts have been removed. It is unlikely that we will have a reply from PJ to this now but I wonder if this is something that the moderators could look at?
It is not uncommon for people to have differences of opinion, sometimes quite heated, but I totally agree that it has probably ruined quite a few threads and doesn't seem to have any purpose other than pique. In the case above, I can't remember what it was as it is so long ago and my memory is not as sharp as it was. However, if backups are made then surely they can be reinstated?