Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Neverland.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Leaving Neverland.

Did anybody else catch Leaving Neverland shown on Channel Four last night?

Blimey, talk about being blinded by wealth and fame. Jimmy Savile OBE KCSG with bells on.

PS. One hour later and just been reading a fair article on what was to me a fair program here

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
15 REPLIES 15
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Re: Leaving Neverland.

OK fair enough, and maybe a reluctant subject for some.

Maybe this will cheer us all up instead. Smiley

IMG_20190307_0001_NEW.jpg

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman wrote:

Did anybody else catch Leaving Neverland shown on Channel Four last night?

I scheduled both episodes to be recorded but whether I'll find time to watch them is another thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never watched it but from the clips I have seen of I the first question that entered my head was why now? Why not at the time of the previous trial? They've had ample time and opportunity to make their allegations I just find it odd that's all.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Is that fair though @Anonymous , it takes years for such trauma to be addressed and as we know it often never is. Both of his accusers in this film are still quite young so it's not as if in this case at least they have been slow in coming forward.

What I could not get over after watching it is how the parents allowed it to progress so far. Kids getting dazzled by it all fair enough, but the parents? 

There but for the grace of Gods maybe. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,177

@Anonymous wrote:

I never watched it but from the clips I have seen of I the first question that entered my head was why now? Why not at the time of the previous trial? They've had ample time and opportunity to make their allegations I just find it odd that's all.

I too have it recorded to watch when I get home, but having read a fair bit about it, it seems it wasn't until both men became fathers that the scales fell from their eyes.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, you're right @Minivanman, that's a very fair and valid comment.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Of course there is all that money in the Jackson estate. Plus with Jackson dead it is harder for him to protest his innocence.

And a TV program not being any court of law the lack of evidence isn't so much a problem. Much easier just reading from a script as well.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Not sure I can or want to buy into any of that.

Savile for example was held to account after his death as were many more I could mention. And the money? Well they could all say that and as far as I know compensation or damages are not being sought and as for the program makers not being accountable in law (which I think that is what you are saying) well they most certainly are, and more so I would suggest in the U.S. which is why they did not overtly criticize him - in fact I thought he came out of it pretty well considering apart from the abuse, and the way he dispensed with the boys like just so much garbage once they were no longer young and attractive to him.

Second part on later this evening. Did you watch the first one?

billnotben
Community Veteran

I can't really say if he was innocent or guilty. Certainly not from that program.

And I don't see the other two appearing that vehemently deny all this and so are upset with the program and the maybe story tellers on it.

The thing that bugs me is would they have made the program, told the story, if Jackson was still around. Or if Jackson was penniless.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

I don't see why they would have not produced or shown the story if he was still around or penniless, what difference would that make to the facts although granted, it might make for better viewing figures. 

One things for sure, fans of the man will never see any fault with him regardless of how it is presented or how many come forward to testify - which is the way of the world I guess. 

PS. Watched the second half last night and it seems they did try and sue the guy but America being what it is they came up against the statute of limitations - which seems entirely wrong given the type of offence and one committed over so many years and then some. Anyways, guilty as hell in my view but hey, what price justice if you can pay mega bucks to a top flight legal team and one that even threatens the news media with hell on earth for even reporting it. 

Anybody remember the Thorpe case? What a stitch up that was and who had of course the likes of George Carman QC to defend him. 

billnotben
Community Veteran

Sorry never saw any facts and I have to say outright I don't particularly like Jackson or his music. I just don't like the opportunistic way of attacking people who are in no position to defend themselves.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Well having watched both parts of the program, I don't think they or their families were being opportunistic - did you watch them?

Guess we'll have to think twice about saying anything bad about Savile, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot...  Roll_eyes

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Cartoon courtesy of Private Eye!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Well spotted, and just about my favorite bubble busting piddle taking publication!