cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Least favorite film?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Least favorite film?

So another post doesn't go too far off topic!!! as if we would...
What's the worst film you've seen?
Very high on my list is "Any Which Way but Loose" (Clint Eastwood and an Orangutan called er! ?) which for those who fell for the publicity machine, was supposed to be hilarious, sorry didn't see it that way at all, a great deal of unintelligible mumbling, no plot to speak of, the only film I've ever got up and walked out of. The only bit that was shown in trailers was when the Orangutan pushed over a line of Hells Angles bikes...the only moderately funny bit in the film...yuk!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Least favorite film?

For me it was 'The Old Man and the Sea'.  Totally boring and the only time I have left before a movie ended.
Jon
Grafter

For me it has to be Series 7: The Contender.
Walked out of the cinema during this film. The only one I've ever walked out on!
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Can't remember the titles.
They were a number of films which were cobbled together from 'serials' which were common in those days.
It was just one serial after another shown at one time. I suppose they were like the omnibus editions of the present day soaps.
These epics used to be shown at RAF Negombo, Ceylon about !949. A lot used to be about cowboys and their horses. The Indians always lost.
They were truly awful, but we used to sit there cheering the hero and booing the nasty people.
We had a wonderful time ---- but then we were only boys a long way from Mum.
N/A

I haven't got a least favourite film because if I don't like the synopsis I don't watch it. However, the worst films for me are ones with gratuitous violence and bad language in the content. I like to come out of the cinema feeling content and happy, not disturbed! 
Fixes: 101

The only film I've ever fallen asleep in is Jurrasic Park, that was sooo dull compared to the novel.
But I think the worst film was 'Message in a bottle', with Kevin Costner. Oh it was terrible.  Following closely is Zoolander.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Oh my... I really liked both series 7 - the contenders (think the running man, but more of a pointed comment on big brother style TV shows and how it's really not going to be that long before we have people killing each other for our entertainment - for the record I think this is a bad thing and am also known to understate from time to time) and also any which way but loose (but then I was - I think - pre-teen years when I saw it, and a fighting orangutan is one of the most fun things you can possibly see at that age).
Worst film ever? Probably Starship Troopers 2. I loved the first one, but as for the sequel, I'll never get that time back. What a waste of life.
firefly2
Grafter

don't think that i have ever walked out of a film but i remember vividly walking out of a play at the first interval. it was...." waiting for godo". peter bull was in it. dreadful. Huh
usually taking grandchildren these days  to films, so can't leave.
don't know if any others do it but you can get two for one sometimes when you  register certain number on orange. confined to wednesdays tho'. Smiley
johpal
Grafter

"Eyes Wide Shut". Describes the state I was in as I watched it.  Sad