Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading UK ISP Says It Will Defy Government’s Net Censorship Bill

WildRose52
Grafter

Says bill partially written by music industry is on a par with communist Chinese censorship
http://www.prisonplanet.com/leading-uk-isp-says-it-will-defy-governments-net-censorship-bill.html

The UK Government`s DIGITAL ECONOMY BILL has got little if anything to do with file sharing per se.
Is anyone so naive as to think that the government gives a toss whether music & movie companies get their royalties?
Anyone who does is maybe forgetting the following FACTS :-
1. NOT so honest British MPs fiddled their expenses.
2. Their NOT so honest previous leader (Tony) LIED to the British public, sending our soldiers to an illegal war in Iraq.
3. Their current NOT so honest leader (Gordon) dragged us into Europe screaming without even so much as a vote.
Oh please, give me a break - now lets look at the REAL reason for this wretched bill.
The internet has long been a thorn in the side of our government, also U.S. government & others.
No sooner do they do something to take us a step closer to their `New World Order`  (a term used by Brown - and no longer a conspiracy)  than what people get the word out using the internet.
Numerous alternative media sites - who have more brains and b`s than `government OWNED media`  regularly post such shenanigans on their own websites.    Granted what they post is copyrighted material, usually videos from sources such as the BBC and CNN.
Well folks your government has had enough.  They dont like it, and that is what this Digital CENSORSHIP Bill is all about.
This stands to close down websites such as YouTube - not just IF they continue to allow such videos to be posted but also the fact that they HAVE done in the past  `and might do` in the future.
Death Of The Internet: Unprecedented Censorship Bill Passes in UK
"Wash-up" process used to rush through draconian legislation as a pitiful handful of MPs attend debate
http://infowars.net/articles/april2010/080410net.htm
WHERE DOES PLUSNET STAND ON THIS ?
Are you prepared to stand up with TalkTalk and say `NO we will NOT comply`
or are you like the rest of the sheeple in this country who will sell their very souls to the devil?

11 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Leading UK ISP Says It Will Defy Government’s Net Censorship Bill

I think at the moment they are neutral, and a court order will be required for them to give away any information.
There are another two threads open on this at the moment Rose, plus some very large one that havnt been active for a while
WildRose52
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I think at the moment they are neutral, and a court order will be required for them to give away any information.
There are another two threads open on this at the moment Rose, plus some very large one that havnt been active for a while

I havent posted this with a view of supporting illegal file sharers, and I gather its the file sharing that is the gripe with alot of ppl.
File sharing is theft, pure and simple.
This issue is about CENSORSHIP.
We do not live in China (not yet at least, but America might think they do in the future when China reclaims all the U.S. debt it owes to China)
I`m not bothered what ISPs do about file sharers.
I do not personally file share.
What does concern me however is that I realise what the true motive is behind this Bill.
Rockefeller: Internet is “Number One National Hazard
http://www.infowars.com/rockefeller-internet-is-number-one-national-hazard/
What ISPs maybe need to very quickly realise is that their customers might not continue to pay them should the internet become so censored as to make it not worth while having.
After all, when customers sign up, they do so on the basis of the internet service that exists at the time, and if that service deteriotes then customers would be well within their rights to STOP being a customer.
Much like how you would no longer frequent a restraunt or a pub if the service they offered suddenly took a turn for the worst.
Therefore any threat of fines might be minor to the loss of revenue if all their customers abandoned ship.
What is needed is for EVERY ISP to stand together on this and say:  `We will NOT comply with this`
In fact, the ONLY way the New World Order is going to be stopped is by acts of national disobedience - by the people - to this corrupt system.
Voting one out and another one in will make NO difference, because each party is just a different face on the SAME coin.
Voting is a total deception.
They will already have decided who the next relay runner will be in the race to their global New World Order system.
There was a time when people using the words `new world order` were mocked, but seeing as how now Brown himself uses those words, then I have no fear of repeating them.
Moominfish
Grafter

Quote from: WildRose52
WHERE DOES PLUSNET STAND ON THIS ?
Are you prepared to stand up with TalkTalk and say `NO we will NOT comply`
or are you like the rest of the sheeple in this country who will sell their very souls to the devil?

I don't think Plusnet stand anywhere on this (but I wouldn't know for sure and only they can answer that question with a definitive answer) but what you need to remember Rose is that with the passing of this bill ISP's have no choice but to comply, and I think you'll find TalkTalk have said they won't comply until they receive a court order, so in other words they will have to comply eventually, it's just a pointless last stand for nothing as eventually they and ALL isp's will have to give up the information they're forced to give under this bill (which for the record I don't think should ever have been passed) but you, me and all the people in the world can't do a damn thing about it.
WildRose52
Grafter

True what you say about fines and complying eventually.   Yes I do know what TalkTalk stated.
Trouble is there are TWO issues here  (and thats been done deliberately)
Firstly: there`s the file sharing issue.....    
and secondly:  there`s the bigger issue of how this Bill will be used to CENSOR - or even close down - sites such as YouTube who post political news videos for educational purposes.
Its the latter I`m against.
jim:quote
scootie
Grafter

i can see why you posted this here but maybe if you feel that strong about the issue you need to think of away of bringing all the others that feel the same togther and fight the gov as one ( i would be certainly part of that. but i havent got the time to head a war on the gov as ive got 3 kids and a 2 month old to look after)
the squeaky cog allways gets oiled. granted this needs to be a big squeak but it can be done. NEVER SAY NEVER
WildRose52
Grafter

There`s no such thing as `fighting the government`
People like Blair and Brown are merely puppets.
Labour /Conservative are merely different faces on the SAME coin.
I`m hoping ppl might see that and vote for independent parties, but then do I trust voting?
Hmm...  we`ve heard about vote-rigging   (same in U.S., same in Iran - coincidence?)
The TRUE enemies - the elite - are the wealthy elite -  and the puppets only dance to their tune.
jim:quote
Loombucket
Grafter

Huh
Roll eyes
MrC
Grafter

Quote from: WildRose52
The TRUE enemies - the elite - are the wealthy elite -  and the puppets only dance to their tune.
More trite content-free statements then.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

That is only ONE of SIX in the same reply (number 6 by chance).......
Hmm..... now where do I remember "Number 6" from? ? ? ? Undecided
oh yes..... I believe a certain "Patrick McGoohan" had that number when he stayed somewhere for a short while!!!....
very strange the similarities...... Roll eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

they have remade it
DRAMA: The Prisoner
On: ITV1
Date: Saturday 17th April 2010
Time: 21:30 to 22:30
Director: Nick Hurran
Starring: Ian McKellen, James Caviezel, Hayley Atwell, Lennie James, Ruth Wilson, Jamie Campbell Bowe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=17639
Steve
Seasoned Pro

And the winner is..................Huh?........ Click the link to find out.
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=shutter&word2=wildrose52