cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leadership Elections

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Re: Leadership Elections

Some are hoping that Starmer will improve on his performance when he was head of crown prosecution service - well hope on peeps,  it ain't gonna happen  - if that time is a measure of the man then Labour may well want Corbyn back.

Ian Tomlinson, John Warboys and Jean Charles De Menezes are just some of the names Boris can taunt Sir Keir with when he wants to wind him up.....

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@wotsup 

I would be interested to hear why you say that. 🤔

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@nozzer wrote:

I would be interested to hear why you say that. 🤔

Well just three of the really, really bad decisions made by Starmer while  DPP,

others are available.....

https://order-order.com/2018/01/05/starmers-litany-failure-director-public-prosecutions/

Never mind, Labour still has a wide and deep reservoir of failures to choose from,

Highlighted
Pro

More fake news nonsense from your right wing loony friends at Guido Fawkes @wotsup?

Lets just examine one - the assertion that Keir Starmer failed to prosecute Simon Harwood over the death of Ian Tomlinson. You will no doubt be aware that following a review of the medical evidence Harwood was prosecuted but was found not guilty by the jury. This would seem to me to be vindication of Starmer’s original decision. 
See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Ian_Tomlinson for details.

By the way, is Paul Delaire Staines, aka your much quoted ‘Guido Fawkes’, the great advocate of Brexit, still living in Dublin, the capital of an EU country, in spite of having been born in Ealing? What a lying hypocrite!

’Do as I say not as I do’ ring any bells?

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@nozzer wrote:

Boris &Co will have to actually do something now to defend their positions rather than just coast.

No wonder they rushed out a letter 10 minutes before the announcement saying all parties need to work together in the national interest.

A shrewd political move by Johnson and Cummings. 

Highlighted
Pro

Shrewd?
An attempt to divert attention from their own negligence and/or incompetence certainly, but I’m not sure how shrewd it is. Let’s wait and see how it plays out, Starmer is no fool.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@artmo 

Especially as Starmer said two days ago that he wanted to support the govt with Covid19 rather than fight them. All they did was reiterate the message.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Was Starmer not a member of the cabinet ? Did he stand up against those in his party that were critical of the Jews ?
Has he been critical of Corbyn and his views ?

Easy to be in opposition and be critical of others, not so easy when you are in the hot seat and having to make critical decisions.

Lucky for him the local elections were cancelled otherwise there would have been far fewer labour councillors 

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yes, yes and yes. I'll leave it to you to find the references. They are all out there.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Not according to the chief rabbi....

And remember the Labour Party don’t like women, well to be more accurate individual male members might like them but the party in general would never elect a female PM.

Highlighted
Pro

From some of the recent posts here and elsewhere, it seems that the anti-Keir smear campaign is already underway.

Good.

It means he’s got the right wing worried.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

You certainly would have something to be worried about if he was running the country at this time.

He is just a puppet of the unions....

Highlighted
Pro

@gleneagles wrote:

He is just a puppet of the unions....

What utter nonsense.

I am more worried that the current prime minister (when he’s not hiding in a fridge or pretending to have Covid-19) is a puppet of disaster capitalists like his friend Rees-Mogg, whose investment company is using the dreadful current pandemic to promote its wares, telling potential investors that they “have a “once in a generation” chance of “super normal returns”.”. Disgusting beyond belief.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jacob-rees-moggs-investment-firm-21814351

Highlighted
Pro

A message for those who think the Labour Party isn’t fit to govern:
08B4CBB9-99E3-474A-B49A-00D051F11A99.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Veteran

So are you saying the Prime Minister hasn't been suffering from Covid 19?