Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leadership Elections

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Leadership Elections

Strange how they have changed that around - or have they, because Benn reounced his title a lot later than the early 60s I think as it precluded him from sitting in the Commons.

Also strange and (annoying to me at least) how Labour and Union alike accept a title and a seat in the Lords. John Prescott and that old firebrand Vic Feather to name just two.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Basically shows how two faced they are.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Just seen an article calling Sir Kier Starmer ' a tailors dummy' - and 'the lights are on and nobody at home'

He was one of the people pushing for a second referendum,  well he got one alright and Boris got a massive

majority...

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Labour leadership hopeful Rebecca Long-Bailey tells @bbclaurak trans women are women and that self-identification - where trans people self-identify their gender - "should be the law"

She is clearly bonkers and ripe for being hung out to dry by Boris if she ever makes it as leader. One very weird woman desperate or not to retain the support of those Corbynistas. 

Winning manifesto anyone?

I think I might spend all of next week self identifying as a chocolate biscuit.

Highlighted
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@Minivanman wrote:

Ah, but would you like to be referred to as he, she, or them; and if the answer is them, perhaps a tin would be better.  And if you are in two minds about which pronoun should be used, you might more accurately be referred to as an assortment.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

Would that be dark brown chocolate, milk chocolate ( multi-racial chocolate ), 

or white chocolate - or I suppose you could change your self-identity on the fly

depending on the present company. or how you were feeling at the time.

Lets not impose too many limits on this self-identity malarky...

( could you be 'woke' chocolate,  which I suppose is the opposite of 'bedtime

chocolate',  which is supposed to send you to sleep despite the fact that chocolate

contains caffiene ....)

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero

@wotsup wrote:

( multi-racial chocolate ), 

Surely you mean dual heritage chocolate.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Is it 'coz I is non gender specific chocolate? 😛

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Next time the gents is closed for cleaning or repair I may just

self-identify as a woman or at least a hybrid and nip into the

ladies .... may not be too far away where there is just one

toilet for everyone.....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@wotsup 

Only problem is that some women may realise it's better to use the gents as there is usually no queue, we are so PC these days it would likely be an offence to even suggest they were in the wrong toilet.

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

As that old Elkie Brooks song goes ...

Pearl's a singer
She stands up when she plays the piano goes to the toilet
In a nightclub

Wink

Community Veteran

Rebecca Wrong-Daily has received the backing of the Unite union. This will give her a big boost in the leadership stakes and put pressure on Starmer.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

What a pity that even in this day and age she has to be pimped, packaged and presented.

With Starmer as with most men in politics, booted and suited what you see is what you get, but this double barrelled lady is obviously having her looks changed much like Thatcher did. She can't help it of course but without her glasses the poor girl looks really odd.

What is not changed is the fact that she is closely associated with Corbyn politically and of course there is that complete and utter disaster of a manifesto which she was responsible for.

The Union might back and over endorse her by giving substantial financial backing and declaring she "has brains and brilliance" but I don't think the grass root members will see her over the final hurdle - but we'll see.

An over egged pudding, or a stuffed shirt Starmer. What a choice.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 8

@Minivanman wrote:

What a pity that even in this day and age she has to be pimped, packaged and presented.

With Starmer as with most men in politics, booted and suited what you see is what you get, but this double barrelled lady is obviously having her looks changed much like Thatcher did. She can't help it of course but without her glasses the poor girl looks really odd.

What is not changed is the fact that she is closely associated with Corbyn politically and of course there is that complete and utter disaster of a manifesto which she was responsible for.

The Union might back and over endorse her by giving substantial financial backing and declaring she "has brains and brilliance" but I don't think the grass root members will see her over the final hurdle - but we'll see.

An over egged pudding, or a stuffed shirt Starmer. What a choice.

@Minivanman Surely any lady is double barrelled, Doesn't that come with  2 X chromosomes?Funny

She being a Stella Artois  (Stella a trois) would indeed something to remark on. Cheesy

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero

It is possible to be a man with two X-chromosomes, that's why the IOC had to change their 'sex test'.

The Labour party has seen a sharp increase in membership since the general election.  One area that's seen a surge in applications is Hammersmith with a 32% increase.  Perhaps we should put a small wager on the candidate with the most friends in Hammersmith to emerge victorious.