cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaders' Interviews/Debates

Community Veteran

Leaders' Interviews/Debates

We had the first of the leaders' Interviews last night. Who do you think came out on top?
I felt that after a shaky start with Paxman, DC got in his stride whilst EM looked ill at ease throughout, .
In the question session with the studio audience DC won it without doubt.  He was much more relaxed and had the audience with him.
87 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Leaders' Interviews/Debates

The Gurdian had it 54% - 46% to David Cameron so the DM would probably have had it 70% -30%  Roll eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

The Times said that Kate Burley was rather easy but Paxman was his usual attack dog
Community Veteran

Kate Burley was simply there to control the audience discussions which I thought she did well. She didn't take a lot of the time up with her own questions but left it to the audience.
Paxman was his usual Rottweiler self. He steamed in straight from the start and knocked both interviewees off the pedestals.
Fixes: 47

Alan Sugar's tweet
Lord Sugar ‏@Lord_Sugar
I think Miliband made mincemeat out of Paxman

I've yet to see it.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I rather thought paxman made miliband look like a supercilious twit more concerned about perceived public image than about ability to do the job!
certainly he didn't gain the studio audiences respect and shouting at paxman because he didn't like the question asked just made him look more incapable than waffling yet another none answer would have done !
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Milliband's "hell yes. I'm tough enough" and then Paxman's "are you alright Ed" before the mikes were turned off summed it up for me. I'll bet Ed was bullied in the school playground  Roll eyes
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

The next debate is on ITA on Thursday this week. 7 party leaders will take part. Interesting Wink
Steve
Pro

Red tory or blue tory is not much fun for those south of the border is it?. Hopefully you vote UKIP and then us very north of the border can have another indyref. Failing that the SNP could help put the red tory's in rather than the blue and we can give westminster a proper shake up and get rid of the House Of Lords that no one elected whilst saving billions on weapons of mass destruction Smiley
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Which sounds like a good idea right Up to the point you realise that every lunatic and his dog has an itchy trigger finger and a dozen nukes they are desperate to use on a western power......
If you get rid of the house of lords and the Royal family who is going to do the job and who is going to sanity check all the outrageously bad ideas of the screw every one who isn't in The political ruling class.......

Social policies revolve around unnecessary reforms and spending other peoples money that they don't actually have........
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

@M Steve your a day early  Wink
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Steve
Pro

@PeterLoftus I'm not a day early £300.00 tax free just for showing up in the House Of Lords?? Get rid I say
Community Veteran

No your just trying to wind up us English but April 1st is tomorrow.  Smiley
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

The SNP should keep out of English matters. Nothing to do with them.
Steve
Pro

Not really ' better together '  then. Anyway getting back on topic tonight is a seven way leader debate on ITV at 8pm,  should be a good evening!