cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last night?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Last night?

Whilst it was all there as usual, with the added pleasure of a wonderful rendition of Shostakovich's Romance from The Gadfly, very very high on my list of favourite music, few other pieces can have me on the verge of tears within the first few bars.
But otherwise I found this years Last Night at the Proms a bit clinical and somehow lacking its usual "pizazz"
I have had the pleasure of being with the last night Promenaders twice, a wonderful experience, if you ever get the chance...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES
Javert
Grafter

Re: Last night?

Don’t you think that with such an event as that, that are may contributing factors - both at the concert and, to a degree, you - the viewer at home.  The “atmosphere” there would be totally different to that at any other concert.  I view the concert every year (recorded or “live”) and always enjoy it but - some years are better than others.  And, surely, that’s how it will always be.
PS Nicola Benedetti looked great when viewed in 3D!  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Oh I have to agree totally Javert. Of all the events that have an atmosphere that doesn't convey truly to TV LNotP has to be the ultimate. People speak of electric atmospheres in this it really is almost touchable, I think the whole layout of the RAH is largely responsible for much of it. They've done it all before, but want to do it again and again, and as always so many young people in the audience.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Yes it was good to see so many young people in the audience.  I only saw the last half of this year's concert and have to agree that it didn't seem to come over as well as in previous years.