Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labour identity crisis

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Labour identity crisis

An email today - not in spam folder.
  Hi Mark,
We hope you enjoyed finding out how many voters share your name last week. As one of those voters yourself, it would be enormously valuable to have an insight into your views on Britain, and where you think our country is headed.
First of all, we're keen to know:
Do you plan to use your vote in the upcoming election?
YES
NO
UNSURE
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
Best,
Harriet
Harriet Harman
Deputy Leader of the Labour Party

Very interested to find out how many voters share my name - BUT... my name isn't Mark. Maybe I should email back to Harry T Harman and tell him? Grin
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Labour identity crisis

First Q would be where did you get my email address, and WHY THE F**** are you contacting me. I am not a member of ANY party so go away and die quietly please.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Did you visit http://www.labour.org.uk/howmanyofme (disclaimer: other party-political websites available, the value of your vote may go down as well as up) by any chance?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Poor old hattie Wink She possibly sent it from her pink battle-bus Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

'phishing for votes'  Shocked
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
PowerLee
Rising Star

I have more chance of winning the Lotto then Labour ever getting my vote at any future election.
FWIW: I haven't bought a Lotto ticket in years & have no plans to in the future either  Grin
Labour & Lib Dem's council mad PFI housing regeneration scheme that nobody on the estate where I live wanted thankfully stopped by Cameron cancelling PFI housing projects when he got in is the reason why I wont give Labour ( or Lib Dems ) my vote.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I refuse to vote on the grounds that i don't trust any of them.
The only party I could be tempted to vote for is UKIP... Oh hang on... I don't vote for a reason  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

It's the PFI deals that have put our hospitals into the financial mess they are currently in Angry.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I can't understand anyone who could sink our health service using PFI claiming it to be a good thing. It's a disgrace and those who did this to our health service should be prosecuted.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: w23
Did you visit http://www.labour.org.uk/howmanyofme (disclaimer: other party-political websites available, the value of your vote may go down as well as up) by any chance?

Emphatic NO. No affiliation to any party/belief/religion.
I like to think for myself, and judge each politician by their actions not their party. Wink
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: doris
my name isn't Mark.

informal Mark: "chiefly US. A person who is easily deceived or taken advantage of"
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/mark
Isn't that what politicians hope we all are?
Community Veteran

I am not voting labour for bad decisions made on the NHS and their stabbing of their core voters in the back.
I wont vote tories who pretend they need to dismantle the welfare state for financial reasons when it is for idealogical reasons, plus of their love affair with pensioners.
I wont vote lib dems due to their partial backtracking after joining forces with the tories.
I will probably vote greens, however I am in a safe labour seat area in a rubbish FPTP voting system so my vote means nothing.
Community Veteran

How are the Tories dismantling the welfare state?
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
How are the Tories dismantling the welfare state?

you been in a coma for the past 5 years?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: artmo
Poor old hattie Wink She possibly sent it from her pink battle-bus Smiley
Good one in the paper today, showing a pink bus with the slogan labour looks after women
Lower down it read........"Like they did in Rochdale"