Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

La Niña effect is snow joke

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

La Niña effect is snow joke

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5139001/Enjoy-mild-weather-lasts.html

I think we are going to get a cold one this winter and i look forward too it Smiley

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: La Niña effect is snow joke

I was wondering when they'd publish their "predictions for a horrific endless world-destroying winter" that never happens...Funny

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Nah, you need to read the Express on line to get truly accurate weather catastrophe forecasts.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

It's hilarious the way people react to snow though, while I was in college on Thursday when it started snowing, everyone started panicking about it, and proclaiming they were going to be stuck and we were going to be snowed in and couldn't get home, etc. etc., meanwhile I was sat there thinking "Oooh! Snow!!"... Funny

The bus ride home was a bit hairy though, power-sliding out of the bus station on a bus that thinks it's a vw beetle (the exhaust sound, it chirps like a beetle) is not fun!!! Crazy2

Community Veteran

Thought I'd throw out someone's more believable predictions:

five_day_forecast_2x

St3
All Star

Aye almost all the online papers put out warnings but we never get anything close too it, always makes me laugh like that forecast above Wink 

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran

twocvbloke wrote:

It's hilarious the way people react to snow though, while I was in college on Thursday when it started snowing, everyone started panicking about it, and proclaiming they were going to be stuck and we were going to be snowed in and couldn't get home, etc. etc., meanwhile I was sat there thinking "Oooh! Snow!!"... 

Round where I live it is not funny if you are working in Central London. You'd think "Oooh! Snow!!", with a taste of "Oh how the [-Censored-] am I going to get home". So I can understand what they mean.

No underground where I leave and my trains are so bad even the slightest thing will affect them.

Driving is not really an option in London as besides from paying the Congestion Tax, finding somewhere to park and having to have been a recent lottery winner to afford the charges.

I am going to have to travel in the next week or so, which will be by public transport so wish me luck. It is about 15 miles from Central London to mine, walking is out of the window and I don't think my physical fitness would be up to it, even in good weather Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Well they have to print something.

Might be an idea for one paper to print,'This will be the warmest winter for years'

Now if the got lucky and got that right they could live on that headline for weeks

Community Veteran

Reminds me of the time of Michael Fish during the 1987 hurricane.

Said "Someone has rung in saying there was a hurricane, but don't worry all is fine" (not an exact quote something along those lines). Laughed it off as joke,

She ended up being right, he was wrong. Talk about egg on your face.

Poor guy I don't suppose has ever lived it down. He was even shown on the London 2012 opening ceremony.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@Alex

Not sure why some of these London firms don't convert a couple of offices into sleeping quarters with a load of bunk beds in so staff could sleep there if the weather was bad.

Everybody wins, cost of travel is saved for staff and nobody late for work !

.....Just kidding !

Wink

Community Veteran

I'm sure some companies would like to do that.

Mind you without a shower and change of clothes, there might be a not too pleasant aroma around the office in a few days. Tongue

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

Now that even 'common' people go on skiing holidays, how about companies keeping a few pairs of skis and ski boots available for such emergencies?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Anyone remember this?

Fixes: 47

2010-2011 winter snow...

IMG_1601.JPG

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Looks like drifting snow to me @Strat as the snow on the garages / sheds behind only have a 4-5 inches on them.