cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV - renewal.... just saved myself £20. but they could make half a million

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

LV - renewal.... just saved myself £20. but they could make half a million

Got my car insurance renewal from LV to day... £192.11 comp. incl guaranteed courtesy car for £14.90

So go on to the LV website, and did a quote.... came back... £170.90 incl guaranteed courtesy car for £14.15..Shocked
Erm.... so got on the phone,... and the operator said they will stand by the online quote, and send me a new renewal in the post....  Cheesy
Now my calculations are... IF...  only 25,000  renewals are hiked by £20 , as mine was...  and ... to quote the quote.... "you don`t have to do anything......we will take your money 5 days before the renewal date....... "
that means..... 25,000 x £20.... equiv to HALF A MILLION QUID.... for doing "nothing"....     Shocked Shocked Shocked
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: LV - renewal.... just saved myself £20. but they could make half a million

My renewal from Admiral came through at around £240 (FC with all the trimmings), went online to the compare websites, down to £165
The cheapest I could find like for like was £184 so I went back to them with that, explained that it was cheaper (£165) but not the same level of cover but I could get it for £184 and they immediately dropped it to £183 Smiley
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Had exactly the same happen with my LV renewal. Got a £20 cheaper quote via the meerkats. Phoned them, he said he couldn't reduce the LV renewal quote, but he could copy over the details from the comparethemarket quote and use that!
Was with Admiral (and Elephant before that, same outfit) for many years. Then had no-fault claims on two cars. Their use of a dedicated "Claims company" is a real pain, basically a money-making scam in my opinion. At renewal they then jacked up my premium by 50% because, they said I was statistically more likely to have a fault claim soon after a no-fault, but I kept my no-claims bonus!!  Angry Anyway they had already become more expensive compared with individual quotes
Fixes: 122

I'm a bit early as my renewal isn't due till the end of March but thought I'd have a look around anyway.
Tesco was a lot higher than many of the others I looked at for just me coming in at around £270 including £30 for cover for two sets of keys (now that's expensive)
Adding SWMBO (who's only held a full licence for less that 4 months) the cost goes down by £10. All others have increased the annual premium by an average of £70.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still