Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kowtowing

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Kowtowing

Yet another company kowtowing to China for not recognising it's vast territorial claims. This time Gap has been made to grovel for selling T-shirts that showed an "incorrect map".

So much for the sovereignty of nations such as Taiwan, Tibet, those islands in the South China Sea....... and honest trading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44119125

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
6 REPLIES
Jonpe
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Kowtowing

I've seen representations of the UK without the Shetland Islands included.  It's an outline of a country on a piece of clothing, not a geography textbook.  And they never include other territories over which we have sovereignty, like the Falklands.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Indeed, just China flexing it's commercial muscle I know but it does disappoint when even large companies like Gap scratch this fat cats tummy.  

Ah well, their needs and profits must I guess. Sad

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Kow Towing  ? ? ?   Huh ?   thought this thread was going to be about a new "agricultural sport" to be taken up at "County/Country Fairs" around the country...

See how many kows your quad bike can pull over a "drag strip" in the fastest time... Cheesy

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Careful there @shutter, the PC brigade is lurking.

Might get accused of making unfair fun of our third largest trading 'partner'. Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

So, @Minivanman You want me to "kow-tow" to the pc brigade huh  ? ? ?  I should cocoa !  Cheesy

Jonpe
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

I didn't know the kow was such a large trading partner, that's a lot of methane.